No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Carlos Burgos: Cruz Thought it Was an Easy Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Carlos Burgos: Cruz Thought it Was an Easy Fight

Featherweight contender Juan Carlos Burgos told The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene.com's official audio show that he feels that Luis Cruz overlooked him in their fight this past Saturday in Las Vegas, Nevada. Burgos, who moved up to 130 pounds for the fight, feels the Puerto Rican fighter was already looking ahead to future fights including a potential title shot.

[Click Here To Read More]

I guess I'm not crazy after all, I saw the Honorio fight ,it was on the undercard of Lopez / Salido and just as I thought ,Honorio got robbed.
    this past weekend has brought my sanity back alil.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
      I guess I'm not crazy after all, I saw the Honorio fight ,it was on the undercard of Lopez / Salido and just as I thought ,Honorio got robbed.
      this past weekend has brought my sanity back alil.LOL
      I remember that fight, bull**** scorecards from the biased ass pr judges. I thought that fight was really really close.

Comment

Burgos gave a great fight, in fact Cruz should feel lucky because he wasn't KOd by Burgos, some of those left hooks he took were pretty solid.

Props to Burgos, he isn't the best boxer ever but he did his homework, he studied Cruz a lot and went into the fight with a perfect gameplan.

Comment

And Hbo and a judge saw a draw hbo + nevada + toprank prospect you must ko or go home.

Comment

The decision in this bout was very poor...the winner was not the winner...

Comment

LOL Honorio got robbed? You guys are some delusional fan boys for your countryman.

Good win for Burgos but Cruz would beat him if they meet down the road, he just didn't throw enough punches in the early rounds. It was a closer fight than what the judges ruled, Burgos just threw combinations to try and impress the judges but only a few left hooks landed. If Cruz had thrown more punches he'd won the fight.

Comment

Don't think Cruz overlooked Burgos. Burgos simply came in with a plan and Cruz showed that he cannot get out of the way of a left hook or bring his right hand up.

Burgos was simply the better fighter

Comment

It was obvious Burgos was the more skilled and better fighter. If Cruz had thrown more, he would have been countered and hit more. Cruz is just another one of those overhyped prospects. Some people are fuking wined, dined, and seduced by an unbeaten record.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                    but Cruz would beat him if they meet down the road, he just didn't throw enough punches in the early rounds. If Cruz had thrown more punches he'd won the fight.
                    Burgos is the superior fighter...quit the damn sour grapes crap every time a PR prospect loses! It gets fuking old!!! Burgos owned him.
                    Last edited by richardt; 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X