Duane Ford on Fight Game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duane Ford on Fight Game

So.....

His reasoning was a) He penalized Manny because he didn't close Bradley out.

I've never once in my life heard that as a criteria for scoring rounds.

And b) Bradley was landing body shots in the second half of the fight.....yeah, at the pace of a few a round.

How can (2) of those judges tremendously experienced get the scores so wrong? Smells to high heaven.

Leaving aside all other things.

1) Bradley had no effective counter punching, nothing like what JMM did against Manny. So, no points on that.
    2) Bradley has no power. Anyone disagree there? He has very few KOs in his career. He can't close. Who really believes he was landing the harder punches?
    3) Ring Aggression? Again, anyone think Bradley was the aggressor?
    4) Landed punches
    5) Harder punches

They were both missing a lot. I think all else being equal. Manny hurt Bradley twice, two separate rounds, landed more punches, and harder punches.

Last month. We saw an exciting Cotto fight. Mayweather outlanded by similar amounts to this fight, but Cotto landed some good rounds and good shots. Mayweather had Cotto hurt in the last round.

It was a blow out Mayweather. I thought this was just as obvious for Manny.

Every scorer that we have seen, ex-boxer, current boxer, the AP, etc had Manny. The same people who had JMM slightly in the last fight (the correct call).

Wow to ridiculousness. Vegas is a tomb.

Originally posted by Stromprophet View Post
    His reasoning was a) He penalized Manny because he didn't close Bradley out.

I've never once in my life heard that as a criteria for scoring rounds.
    Duane Ford is a delusional psychopath. He is the Poster Child for Alzeimers and Adult Diapers.

Those three stooges were also in part responsible for Rios vs. Abril. Not to mention in teaching other judges Duane Ford has contaminated all of judging.

Comment

Pacquiao a victim of his own success.

Comment

And new.........

Comment

i think you misinterpreted what he was trying to say. he was just making an observation that the old manny would have finished him. not implying that he punished him the rest of the fight because he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_L View Post
            i think you misinterpreted what he was trying to say. he was just making an observation that the old manny would have finished him. not implying that he punished him the rest of the fight because he didn't.
            The more I see or hear judges talk, the more I lose faith, much like in some ref's. Joe Cortez may have bene great, but in his old age he has slipped. I can only say that is the case for judges. For example one judge got Khan Peter wrong where Khan was deducted. If that mistake happened who is to say it doesn't happen on close rounds where mistakes are made but you will never know.

115-113 maybe have been equal scores, but even then the judges had different rounds to different fighters. There isn't a consistency.

Comment

I said the same thing to my friend. That comment from Ford made me think he was penalizing Pac for not being old Pac.

Comment

you cant score pitty pat pawing punches that have absolutely no effect on the opponent. 70 year olds should not be judging any kind of sports anyway. The most i could give bradley is 4 rounds.

Comment

This guy is crazy. He also judged PAC on the way he fought on previous fights instead of that night. It doesn't matter how the old PAC looked. That's the past. Judge him on that night and that night only.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzer101 View Post
                    This guy is crazy. He also judged PAC on the way he fought on previous fights instead of that night. It doesn't matter how the old PAC looked. That's the past. Judge him on that night and that night only.
                    You're being too logical.

In Duane Ford's mind there are giant bunnies and talking elves and rainbow fishes flying around and ****.

The guy is clearly a delusional psychopath.

Comment

Working...
                    X