Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Boxing's next big star once Floyd/Pac are retired.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should be fighting gamboa right now

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Without the public love hate Manny has with Floyd he would not be anywhere near as big and he is and he is still not as big as Floyd because more of the public pay to see Floyd , Oscar was just a stepping stone an important one but not the whole story , every great has stepping stones you cant say its all about the stepping stones ., boxing is a very market selling thing today as is all sports , the internet age is great but it kills old school integrity and projects the fast food plastic image it markets , the goods ol days are long gone .
      They both are riding off each other. It's not one sided. Its simple most experts and boxing fans know that Floyd is/was the best and when some newcomer comes out that shows credibility to dethrone the current best then well the rest is history. The public doesn't too often see two boxing greats both in their prime in the SAME weight division. Who's the better fighter/boxer, more marketable, etc ISN'T the point because the fight just needs to happen. They both have grrreat stories to hype up a mega fight everyone knows it. I'm def. a HUGE PAC fan and admit that if this fight happens Floyd will be the huge favorite in Las Vegas, but that still change the fact the fight needs to happen.

Comment

I can't see him becoming a crossover star considering he's already 28 and he's a bantamweight.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
          They both are riding off each other. It's not one sided. Its simple most experts and boxing fans know that Floyd is/was the best and when some newcomer comes out that shows credibility to dethrone the current best then well the rest is history. The public doesn't too often see two boxing greats both in their prime in the SAME weight division. Who's the better fighter/boxer, more marketable, etc ISN'T the point because the fight just needs to happen. They both have grrreat stories to hype up a mega fight everyone knows it. I'm def. a HUGE PAC fan and admit that if this fight happens Floyd will be the huge favorite in Las Vegas, but that still change the fact the fight needs to happen.
          Oh yeah for sure they have helped each other , travesty if they dont fight each other next after Pacs next fight , my gut feeling tells me it will happen , can only hope .

Comment

Forget about Donaire. Casual fans don't give a f_uck about grown men who weigh 118 pounds and he turns 29 in november, so he's not a young dude. He needs to move up in weight fast and get some fights with big names to try to get his name out there and I don't see that happening.

Donaire is a very good boxer but he will never be a big star outside the boxing community.

Comment

Have to disagree with this. Mayweather's been out of his prime for years now. On top of that, he's not riding off Pacquiao's name whatsoever. He did better numbers than Pac did ppv-wise pre-DLH and did great numbers with DLH and Hatton. He was a bonafide ppv star before the bandwagon came to town after he left. He's only proved it with his last three events. Pacquiao is riding off Mayweather's name... really, how come he didn't pick a different batch of fighters that stood no chance? Why coincidentally fight everyone Mayweather did? It's obvious, man.

Comment

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Donaire gets sparked out easy against top ten competition at '22 or '26. The way he eats punches from naturally smallers opponents... that won't fly at higher weights.

Comment

Defintely Nonito Donaire....

Comment

I love watching him fight.
                    the next big thing.

Comment

I could see Nonito, bam Bam Rios, and Gamboa being huge.

Not to mention the potential stardom for the winer of Canelo/Chavez Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X