No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Talks The Talk, And Walks The Walk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia Talks The Talk, And Walks The Walk

by Cliff Rold - Call him “Terrible” Terry Khan.

Forced into yet another excellent action fight, 25-year old 2004 Olympic Silver Medalist and WBA 140 lb. titlist Amir Khan (26-3, 18 KO) was dropped three times en route to a fourth round stoppage loss at the hands of willing 24-year old WBC titlist Danny Garcia (24-0, 15 KO) in Saturday night’s unification clash at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada. Garcia, from the first round to the last, landed short power shots, building to his moment and the ultimate example of how to beat speed with timing and a willingness to throw at it.

Khan had the WBA belt returned to him when the man who defeated him in his previous outing, Lamont Peterson, tested positive for a performance enhancer. Garcia won the then-vacant WBC belt in a fight with future Hall of Famer Erik Morales in March. Both men entered the ring one pound beneath the division limit at 139 lbs. [Click Here To Read More]

whose next

I'm curious to see who he fights next. There's some good names in that divison. What a great KO khan showed some heart even after the knock downs but he just aint got no chin.

Comment

Even thou he is a pain in the ass Khan does have heart but that chin is his ticket b level fighter,like how he aint offer no excuses as well took it like a man.But he needs to get roach to show him some defense or something cause when he doesn't throw he is a sitting duck

Comment

the first and second rounds were good for amir...i thought he's just over-confident...and that cost him his defeat...

Comment

Matthysse, Maidana, and Judah are the only good realistic fights at 140. I'm sure Garcia wants to enjoy his 140 Ring belt and defend it before going up to 147. Maidana and Matthysse are both pretty winnable fights for Garcia. His chin is pretty good and he's tough enough to take those two's best punches and beat them by decision. If I was Garcia, I wouldn't go up to 147 yet, unless i'm offered a fight against Mayweather.

Comment

like i said garcia would win con career is over he kept calling floyds name and look what happend bradley is laughing right now

Comment

Khan needs to chill for a minute

Comment

Khan has huge ballz...really!!!

Comment

First and 2nd round are always good for Khan, after that the other guy takes over. Only a win in a rematch with Prescott or a win against Alvarado can bring him back now

Comment

Khan deserves mad respect for fighting his a** off and trying to weather the storm. That being said, the guy needs a career re-evaluation starting with fighting style and a trainer that teaches him defense. Danny on the other hand, it's refreshing to see a young fighter who's willing to sit on his punches, be patient and wait for results. I'm interested to see how Garcia would hold up in the pocket against a heavy handed brawler like Maidana or Mattysse that has a tough chin. Judah, not so interested in that fight, the guy is on his way out of the sport.

Comment

Working...
                    X