No announcement yet.

I'm proud of Hopkins!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm proud of Hopkins!

sure he came up short tonight but at age 47 he gave a tough fight to a 29 year old prime Chad Dawson, took some solid shots and dished out a few of his own sharp right hands from time to time. Not many guys that age could last with a guy like Dawson.

Give it up to Hopkins, he's had an amazing career. Maybe he retires, maybe he takes one more fight, whatever he decides he's a legend at the end of the day.

I'd be more proud if he didn't constantly hold and headbutt for the whole fight with some occasional flops around the ring.

And to not try and claim he won a fight he was clearly dominated in

Comment

Hopkins in the fight is basically everything i hate about boxing

no offense

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'd be more proud if he didn't constantly hold and headbutt for the whole fight with some occasional flops around the ring.

And to not try and claim he won a fight he was clearly dominated in
        holding is a very smart thing to do when your up against a younger stronger man

Comment

I'll stop the hate this night, he took the fight when he didn't have to, and he lost a guy he didn't have the tools to beat anymore. All the respect for an ATG career.

Whether he retires or not, he is a legend.

Comment

He did alright for his age. BHop gonna fight past 50 y.o the way he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Hopkins in the fight is basically everything i hate about boxing

no offense
              he's old man, what do you expect? at least he didn't get stretched out like your boy against a bum

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                What, every 5 seconds?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  and the headbutts?

Comment

i dont mind the holding but the rushin in with the head n the tackle im actually proud of dawson for maintaining composure n still giving him props at the end which hopkins does deserve some but its because hes old n an ATG thats why

Comment

Working...
                    X