No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has beaten 3 Lineal Welterweight Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HitBattousai View Post
    Real WW = Elite Welterweights aka people who might realistically have a chance of beating Floyd aka actual worthy opposition(see: Shane Mosley, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito, Joshua Clottey, Paul Williams, and Manny Pacquaio now).

DLH was a part-time fighter far from his best.
    Zab was a talented head-case coming off a loss to Baldomir.
    Baldomir was an incredibly limited fighter lucky to win the belt off Zab.

None of those fighters were elite Welters when Floyd faced them.
    we can do this to manny aswell

he fought a battle ridden cotto at 145-even roach said he was damaged goods

fights a battle ridden hatton who loses 50 pounds to make weight

ducks the entire 135 division when it was hot and fights a bum ass david diaz

see how that works??

Comment

Originally posted by MyHonestyIsReal View Post
      Was Miguel Cotto an elite WW when he fought Pacquiao?
      Certainly. He was arguably the top Welter since his lone loss to Margarito had a big asterisk and he had beaten Clottey and Mosley(in very close fights). Mosley or Clottey would be a tougher style matchup for Pac, imo, than Cotto was, but he was no doubt an elite Welter when he faced Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post

see how that works??
        I think they have a stopgap in their brain that prevents them from seeing how that works.

Comment

Floyd is battle ridden after the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HitBattousai View Post
            Certainly. He was arguably the top Welter since his lone loss to Margarito had a big asterisk and he had beaten Clottey and Mosley(in very close fights). Mosley or Clottey would be a tougher style matchup for Pac, imo, than Cotto was, but he was no doubt an elite Welter when he faced Pac.
            Whether Margarito cheated vs. Cotto is irrelevant because I don't count that loss against him, what is relevant is the beating that Miguel Cotto took. I though he lost the Clottey 114-113, at the very least it was as close as the Zab-Baldomir fight.

What I feel like you do is see one opposition's faults while you don't see the others. Personally, I think De La Hoya looked twice as good coming into the Floyd fight than Cotto did coming in to the Pacquiao fight. DLH was coming off a dominating KO win over Mayorga, while Cotto was abused by Margarito, fought a bum, then had a razor thin decision against a mid-level 147 guy.

Comment

see how that works??
              It's not as convincing with Manny, but yes, you can drag down anybody's record if you try hard enough. Doesn't change the fact that those fighters I listed are regarded as elite Welters, all of them have fought each other to some extent, and to date Floyd has yet to face one of them after being in the same division for four years.

Comment

see how that works??
                cottos hell of a lot more dangerous than anyone on floyd s resume......period

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
                  Floyd is battle ridden after the Pacquiao fight.
                  If you want to watch Floyd battle, watch the Emmanuel Burton, Jesus Chavez, and Jose Luis Castillo I fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MyHonestyIsReal View Post
                    If you want to watch Floyd battle, watch the Emmanuel Burton, Jesus Chavez, and Jose Luis Castillo I fights.
                    those are as exciting as pac's most boring ones.....

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      cottos hell of a lot more dangerous than anyone on floyd s resume......period
                      As 147 is Floyd's 4th weight division, it's not that hard for Cotto, a big 147 lber., to look dangerous when compared to guys Floyd fought at 130, 135, and 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X