Collapse
No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst part of it is that Square Enix will continue to pump out another Final Fantasy game every other year or two in spite of the fan criticism because no matter what gaming journalists will always give their ****ty games high scores, and fans will always buy it because it's a proven franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      The worst part of it is that Square Enix will continue to pump out another Final Fantasy game every other year or two in spite of the fan criticism because no matter what gaming journalists will always give their ****ty games high scores, and fans will always buy it because it's a proven franchise.
      Yeah, to me they are not 10/10 games, although as I say even the porrer ones are a bit of a guilty pleasure for me.

T.E.S and Fallout are the P4P number 1 of rpg's at the moment for me.

Best RPG I ever played was Baldurs Gate 1 and 2, They had many of the same staff as the original fallout's, I'd love to see a remake if Bethesda got the license

Comment

Man, Baldur's Gate was ****ing awesome.

Comment

Tactics(hugely underrated), FFIX(overlooked), 6 and 7 are gems. I've played most of the series except for 4,5 and 10 to my knowledge. Neither the online ones.

Comment

FFTactics fucking owns. It's requires tactics(duh) and strategy, it's difficult, but worth it.

As a matter of fact bringing it up in this thread just destroyed FFXIII-2 alone!

BTW, FFXIII-3 Coming Soon!!

Comment

I have spent a few hours on this game now, and it's a marked improvement from XIII

If XIII-3 is the same step up again then i'm not opposed to it, it would be a pretty good game

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again : Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated RPG in gaming history. I often wonder how many of it's fans would still consider it such a great game if they went back and played it today. I never really cared for it when it was popular back when it came out, but I revisited it about 6 months ago and I was even more unimpressed.

It has nothing to do with age, either - I'm more of a retro gamer than I am a current gamer, so gameplay is much more important to me than graphics. That said, it's nothing radically different from any other game in the series, and the storyline is by far the most ******ed of any Final Fantasy ever released apart from maybe Mystic Quest or X2. A talking lred lion or wolf like lab experiment, a diabolical cat that sits atop a giant puppet, a "super villain" who looks like any 10 year old goth kid, a stereotypical angry black man with a cannon for an arm, a cheesy love story culminating in the death of the female character - The game's story is just utterly laughable to me and severely hinders my ability to enjoy it fully.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay was great and the boss battles were epic as always, but it's like the devolpers dropped acid and threw darts at a dart board full of JRPG cliches to come up with the story arc.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  I've said it before and I'll say it again : Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated RPG in gaming history. I often wonder how many of it's fans would still consider it such a great game if they went back and played it today. I never really cared for it when it was popular back when it came out, but I revisited it about 6 months ago and I was even more unimpressed.

It has nothing to do with age, either - I'm more of a retro gamer than I am a current gamer, so gameplay is much more important to me than graphics. That said, it's nothing radically different from any other game in the series, and the storyline is by far the most ******ed of any Final Fantasy ever released apart from maybe Mystic Quest or X2. A talking lred lion or wolf like lab experiment, a diabolical cat that sits atop a giant puppet, a "super villain" who looks like any 10 year old goth kid, a stereotypical angry black man with a cannon for an arm, a cheesy love story culminating in the death of the female character - The game's story is just utterly laughable to me and severely hinders my ability to enjoy it fully.

Don't get me wrong, the gameplay was great and the boss battles were epic as always, but it's like the devolpers dropped acid and threw darts at a dart board full of JRPG cliches to come up with the story arc.

Comment

Ok, so after about 15 hour on this game I have to say, it's the best Final Fantasy since 10, it might even be better than 10.

Lots of freedom to explore, sidequests, towns, a time travel element to go to the same places in different times, lots of freedom in the battle system.

Solid 8/10 so far (i gave 13 a 5.5)

try it out if you like JRPG's,

Comment

I agree with the person saying baldurs gate 2 is best rpg ever. It's sad they don't make games like that anymore and i don't wan't to replay it because i think i played it to much to enjoy it fully.

My favourite final fantasy is VIII, i thought i had a better story and magic system then VII. IX was also really good. I liked FF X also but tought it was a little to simple, XII was an improvement.

I haven't played FF XIII. If it's as bad as you guys say it's probably not worth getting a ps3 to play it.
                      Last edited by Ivansmamma; 08-19-2012, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X