No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marroquin vs. Escalante Early Results From Oklahoma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marroquin vs. Escalante Early Results From Oklahoma

By Jake Donovan - Top Rank splits its time on Saturday evening between Carson, California and Thackerville, Oklahoma, with televised cards on HBO and UniMas.

Headlining the latter card, Robert Marroquin and Antonio Escalante square off in a fight pitting fighters coming off of crushing defeats. Marroquin (22-2, 15KO) fell way short in a failed title bid against Guillermo Rigondeaux last September in Las Vegas.

The feat looks noble compared to that of Escalante, who failed to capitalize on an intended tune-up, instead suffering a shocking 8th round knockout loss to badly faded Rocky Juarez in their Telefutura (now UniMas)-televised war last October.

The main event comes later this evening.

[Click Here To Read More]

Man Saucedo showed a lot of good weapons and a lot of grit for a 19 year old...

Comment

Marroquin on Rigo:

"If my punches can hit Rigondeaux they can hit anybody else"

Good showing from Marroquin and his spanish is perfect... I wasn't expecting that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Marroquin on Rigo:

"If my punches can hit Rigondeaux they can hit anybody else"

Good showing from Marroquin and his spanish is perfect... I wasn't expecting that.
        Great quote. I agree 100.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Great quote. I agree 100.
          He looked in great spirits in the post fight interview. He said the Rigo fight was a great learning experience. And he looks like he took it well.

Comment

I just seen it i know donaire fans sitting at home like f that I don't even want to see the rigo donaire fight we want mares ������

Comment

Let's bring it. I am ready for the next big fights. Can't wait.

Comment

Escalante has always been a favorite of UniMas(formally Telefutura). That tells me that even after tonight, we will probably see Escalante again on UniMas before we see Marroquin. Escalante had a few clever moments for a round and a half before showing he did not belong in there with Marroquin as he suffered his second ko loss on the network in a row. Escalante's fifth loss on UniMas overall.
                He'll be back!

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Escalante has always been a favorite of UniMas(formally Telefutura). That tells me that even after tonight, we will probably see Escalante again on UniMas before we see Marroquin. Escalante had a few clever moments for a round and a half before showing he did not belong in there with Marroquin as he suffered his second ko loss on the network in a row. Escalante's fifth loss on UniMas overall.
                  He'll be back!
                  Escalante will be back, but not cause of his skills but because of his fan friendly style, he is done n im a big fan of him, i still have his fight in my DVR from back in 2010 when he fought Miguel Roman

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                    Escalante will be back, but not cause of his skills but because of his fan friendly style, he is done n im a big fan of him, i still have his fight in my DVR from back in 2010 when he fought Miguel Roman
                    I have that telecast on dvd(all the Solo Boxeo's)
                    You are right, he is entertaining, he has power and is very stoppable as well. Those two together make for good fights. With most of his fights taking place on UniMas, it does seem like he is under lifetime contract though.

Comment

Working...
                    X