Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Pacquiao, Marquez Ripped and Ready at Weighin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While it is true Marquez's upper body looks huge at 143, the fact remains that Pac carries most of his weight in his legs, ergo his smaller upper frame, whereas Marquez has really skinny legs. I think this is a mistake a lot of boxers make, having strong legs is very important in retaining power and being able to take punches. The first thing to go when a boxer gets hit is his legs (jello legs), and a huge portion of ones strength actually comes from the legs, so having big strong legs is important. I really like and respect both fighters a lot and I wish both of them the best, but I must say that I am leaning towards Pac winning by late TKO, but do not hold me to it because Marquez is not to be underestimated even at age 39.

Comment

Marquez really doesn't look THAT much difference from the Mayweather weigh-in.

His core is definitely more taut, and toned. . And in general, probably slightly less body fat, but nothing significant. He's just swapped maybe 3-5 pounds of body fat (10% then, as opposed to maybe 8% now), for lean muscle. Which is perfectly normal when you implement weight-lifting into your boxing regimen.

Nothing drastic at all like some are making out, though.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        How many E points are you willing to bet that it won't happen? I see Marquez finally getting his due. He's the better technical fighter who can make adjustments. Add to the fact that Manny can't afford another win by way of robbery from JMM.
        I say pacquiao wins, I give you the double what you have already there if he loses...if pac wins you give me all your points if he loses like I said I give you the double what you already have.

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
        Hahaha next to Manny? It's a pick em in the ugly department. Good thing this is boxing.
        Manny is cute...I loved watching him do the gangnam dance on 24/7

Originally posted by budfr View Post
        Pac is very ugly. you are blind, and I bet ugly too, bastard
        Why are you being so defensive of JMM??? lol funny guy

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        Lol wut! Marquez is an ok looking gent. He sort of has a funny shaped head, but he's a fair looking gent.
        Yes the shape is worrying me every time I see his face is like a puzzle game for me..I imagine if I move this part of his face over here then it would look alright..but I always find something scary on his face to puzzle with.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          Marquez really doesn't look THAT much difference from the Mayweather weigh-in.

His core is definitely more taut, and toned. . And in general, probably slightly less body fat, but nothing significant. He's just swapped maybe 3-5 pounds of body fat (10% then, as opposed to maybe 8% now), for lean muscle. Which is perfectly normal when you implement weight-lifting into your boxing regimen.

Nothing drastic at all like some are making out, though.

Nothing drastic? Are you kidding? Check your eyes dude.
          Vs May @142

Now @143

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Yup and people said Floyd cheated Marquez on the scales because he didn't make 144. Didn't matter because Marquez is a small guy moving up while Floyd and Pac are just fighters that are bigger than JMM.
            floyd did not weight 146 wen he fought marquez,he weighed 146 at the weigh in and refused to weigh himself at fight night,lets not get it twisted, and for the fight to go on he paid marquez $600,000 extra...

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
              I say pacquiao wins, I give you the double what you have already there if he loses...if pac wins you give me all your points if he loses like I said I give you the double what you already have.
              There's no stipulation in there for a robbery. I feel it will not go down but the likeliness that it would is too high. Just keep it on the level and lets make a sizable e points bet that we both feel comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
                floyd did not weight 146 wen he fought marquez,he weighed 146 at the weigh in and refused to weigh himself at fight night,lets not get it twisted, and for the fight to go on he paid marquez $600,000 extra...
                Those were the weigh in weights I was commenting on. Lets see how much they both weigh tomorrow night. Doesn't matter though because JMM is just a smaller guy.
                Last edited by GRUSTLER; 12-08-2012, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
                  I got no problem with someone saying they are BOTH on juice OR that they are BOTH clean. But for any fan to say that his guy is clean and the other guy is dirty is hypocritical.

But to be fair, JMM is more suspect because of Memo Heredia and JMM's age. Those are clear and unquestionable red flags. Too many posters on here have been giving Memo a pass because he's open to testing. Just because Memo offered to take any test shouldn't automatically exonerate him since he's basically thee man on supplying PEDS that beat all the tests.
                  you dont know what your talking about..JMM is suspect because of memo??so lets just say this NONITO is suspect also cause he works with victor conte and he is doing year round testing but it wouldn't matter since he knows how to beat the test cause he works with victor....your an idiot...

Comment

Originally posted by crex.af View Post
                    While it is true Marquez's upper body looks huge at 143, the fact remains that Pac carries most of his weight in his legs, ergo his smaller upper frame, whereas Marquez has really skinny legs. I think this is a mistake a lot of boxers make, having strong legs is very important in retaining power and being able to take punches. The first thing to go when a boxer gets hit is his legs (jello legs), and a huge portion of ones strength actually comes from the legs, so having big strong legs is important. I really like and respect both fighters a lot and I wish both of them the best, but I must say that I am leaning towards Pac winning by late TKO, but do not hold me to it because Marquez is not to be underestimated even at age 39.

Great post. JMM tends to get off balance a lot, and having a bulked up upper body like that will only make it harder for him to maintain his balance when he bends down to throw his combos/counters. Manny is a stocky type of fighter. He can sustain his balance even when he gets caught flush down the pipe because of his tree trunk legs support.

Comment

• Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
                      I got no problem with someone saying they are BOTH on juice OR that they are BOTH clean. But for any fan to say that his guy is clean and the other guy is dirty is hypocritical.

But to be fair, JMM is more suspect because of Memo Heredia and JMM's age. Those are clear and unquestionable red flags. Too many posters on here have been giving Memo a pass because he's open to testing. Just because Memo offered to take any test shouldn't automatically exonerate him since he's basically thee man on supplying PEDS that beat all the tests.
                      I would say Manny is dirty before anybody because he made the biggest issue about taking the tests in the first place. While the 3rd fight was going on, Roach accused JMM of juicing and he was down to take the tests but the topic went away. We don't know anyways for sure, so to say one man is more guilty than the other is nonsense. As far as I'm concerned, they are both going in there on even terms. Why speculate when Top Rank don't want to do testing anyway?

Comment

Working...
                      X