Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fighters with bad chins who made alot of money.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto for definite.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker Smiff View Post
      Cotto for definite.
      Beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker Smiff View Post
        Cotto for definite.

Cotto can recover very well when he gets hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by 1nonlymre View Post
          Here's one: Mike Tyson

Oh, early on he did the taggin and was seldom touched via verocity and proper head movement.

Later on, once he got tagged repeatedly, he almost always went down and out, beginning with Buster and most everyone thereafter.
          You've never watched a full Tyson fight, have you?

Once he got rid of Rooney (who always stressed head movement and got on him when he didn't move his head after he threw punches), his head movement was obsolete and he was a still target who took a ton of licks. He got the **** kicked out of him by Buster Douglas and stood for 10 rounds before he went down. He took an OBSCENE amount of punishment that most any other heavyweight would have gone down much sooner.

In his second fight with Razor Ruddock, Tyson takes MONSTER shots from the 6'3 235 pound Ruddock over and over. I'm talking BAD shots. Uppercuts, hooks, and massive over hand rights.

Tyson had an absolute GRANITE chin. Or as the ringside announcer kept saying in Ruddock 2 "He must have actual concrete in his chin."

Tyson had one of the best chins in heavyweight history. Douglas and Ruddock were both significantly bigger than Mike and threw very hard punches.

Worst chins IMO are

Wlad
          Lennox
          Haye
          Calzaghe (floored by Byron Mitchell who was past it and near his career end, and an old Hopkins)
          Zab Judah
          Cliff Eitienne made bank in the Tyson fight and went down on one shot
          Montell Griffin was destroyed by RJJ in their second fight within just a couple of minutes
          Vargas looked bad against Oscar and I remember Merchant cracking a joke about he got a six pack, but not on his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            You've never watched a full Tyson fight, have you?

Once he got rid of Rooney (who always stressed head movement and got on him when he didn't move his head after he threw punches), his head movement was obsolete and he was a still target who took a ton of licks. He got the **** kicked out of him by Buster Douglas and stood for 10 rounds before he went down. He took an OBSCENE amount of punishment that most any other heavyweight would have gone down much sooner.

In his second fight with Razor Ruddock, Tyson takes MONSTER shots from the 6'3 235 pound Ruddock over and over. I'm talking BAD shots. Uppercuts, hooks, and massive over hand rights.

Tyson had an absolute GRANITE chin. Or as the ringside announcer kept saying in Ruddock 2 "He must have actual concrete in his chin."

Tyson had one of the best chins in heavyweight history. Douglas and Ruddock were both significantly bigger than Mike and threw very hard punches.

Worst chins IMO are

Wlad
            Lennox
            Haye
            Calzaghe (floored by Byron Mitchell who was past it and near his career end, and an old Hopkins)
            Zab Judah
            Cliff Eitienne made bank in the Tyson fight and went down on one shot
            Montell Griffin was destroyed by RJJ in their second fight within just a couple of minutes
            Vargas looked bad against Oscar and I remember Merchant cracking a joke about he got a six pack, but not on his chin.
            Then how about i start one hell of a presedent and say the following:

You are totally right and I was wrong in my assessment. I answered without fully thinking it over and you are correct.
            I retract what I said about Tyson's chin. Dude was solid and did get tagged a lot.
            After Rooney left he did go to **** on the head movement (shame, too).

Hey, I can admit when i'm wrong. Shame others on these forums can't.

Comment

^^^ Green K. This kind of thing is refreshing from time to time.

But really, no Terry Norris mentioned in this thread so far? I'm a bit shocked.

Comment

Working...
              X