Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach to politics-bound Pacquiao: Beat Mayweather before retiring

Roach to politics-bound Pacquiao: Beat Mayweather before retiring
    09/24/2009 | 07:50 PM

Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao is bent on running for office that he’s set his eyes on retiring next year.

But his long-time trainer Freddie Roach has one piece of advice to his politics-bound ward: Beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr. first in an ultimate battle for the mythical P4P title before hanging up your gloves.

“I would like (Manny) to finish with beating Mayweather," Roach said in an interview in Baguio City, where Team Pacquiao is encamped for the Pacman’s training for his upcoming fight with Miguel Cotto.

Manny Pacquiao receives a symbolic key of Baguio City from Mayor Reinaldo Bautista Jr. during a courtesy call Thursday. Thom PicanaPacquiao reasserted his decision to vie for a congressional seat next year, a sign that he was ready to call it a day insofar as his illustrious boxing career is concerned.

"Buo na ang pasya ko. Talagang tatakbo ako," Pacquiao told mediamen at the Baguio City Hall Thursday, when he paid Mayor Reinaldo Bautista, Jr. a courtesy call.

“I will be announcing that (candidacy). Alam mo, kung magserbisyo ka sa mga tao, serbisyo talaga yan e. Ayaw na sana ako palabanin ng mama at pamilya ko. Sabi niya noon, last na yung kay (Ricky) Hatton, sabi ko hindi kasi malayo pa naman ang eleksyion. Pwede pa ako lumaban."

Roach said he would not dissuade his prized pupil from pursuing his political plans and turning his back on boxing.

"I have no problem if he retires. What more can he ask for? He is the greatest fighter of all time," Roach said.

But of course, such greatness won’t be complete without one of the best fighters in this era – Mayweather – in Pacquiao's list of victims. - GMANews.TV

All whom read these post need to remember roach asked for this. We will see manny exposed once he fights a boxer and natural counter puncher. Mark my word this wil be the third time that you see pac man discouraged in a fight and look sloppy. Fast hands do you no good if you cant hit your target without taking a flush right hand down the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by magicjordan View Post
      Roach to politics-bound Pacquiao: Beat Mayweather before retiring
      09/24/2009 | 07:50 PM

Pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao is bent on running for office that he’s set his eyes on retiring next year.

But his long-time trainer Freddie Roach has one piece of advice to his politics-bound ward: Beat Floyd Mayweather, Jr. first in an ultimate battle for the mythical P4P title before hanging up your gloves.

“I would like (Manny) to finish with beating Mayweather," Roach said in an interview in Baguio City, where Team Pacquiao is encamped for the Pacman’s training for his upcoming fight with Miguel Cotto.

Manny Pacquiao receives a symbolic key of Baguio City from Mayor Reinaldo Bautista Jr. during a courtesy call Thursday. Thom PicanaPacquiao reasserted his decision to vie for a congressional seat next year, a sign that he was ready to call it a day insofar as his illustrious boxing career is concerned.

"Buo na ang pasya ko. Talagang tatakbo ako," Pacquiao told mediamen at the Baguio City Hall Thursday, when he paid Mayor Reinaldo Bautista, Jr. a courtesy call.

“I will be announcing that (candidacy). Alam mo, kung magserbisyo ka sa mga tao, serbisyo talaga yan e. Ayaw na sana ako palabanin ng mama at pamilya ko. Sabi niya noon, last na yung kay (Ricky) Hatton, sabi ko hindi kasi malayo pa naman ang eleksyion. Pwede pa ako lumaban."

Roach said he would not dissuade his prized pupil from pursuing his political plans and turning his back on boxing.

"I have no problem if he retires. What more can he ask for? He is the greatest fighter of all time," Roach said.

But of course, such greatness won’t be complete without one of the best fighters in this era – Mayweather – in Pacquiao's list of victims. - GMANews.TV
      LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

he isnt even the greatest fighter in THIS ERA~..lol..funny

Comment

Working...
      X