Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rate Vitali Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Does Vitali have any wins over a HWT you would consider to be top 100 or 150? Honestly, if you can down his resume and find any opponent that you would place in this category that means he will have beaten 1. Respectfully, how can you rate someone like that so highly even if he has KO'd all of the opponents.

Sam Peter? Larry DOnald? anyone

Arreloa spelling error.
    Exactly. It's like putting Edwin Valero at number one of all time just because he KO'd a bunch of nobodies. If Valero lost to the best two fighters he fought, nobody would say he was top 20 all time in any division. And Vitali definitely lost to the best two fighters he ever fought.

Comment

• Fighters age and progress to elite level at different rates.

1- Lennox was almost 38 when the tko6 happened. Not '36 going on 37. At that age it's like dog years.. big difference.

We have yet to see how Wlad will be looking 3 months from 38... We will see.

2- Vitali looked so good in his later years because he and wlad both jumped to elite level much much slower than Lewis or Tyson.

Example:
      Wlad's 15th fight opponent: Record 7-32....
      Lennox's 15th fight opponent: Record 35-0 (KO Ratio 100%)

Another reason Vitali look so good in his later years.. is because the division sucked.. it's getting better though.

Overall I have Vitali pretty high though. His dominance and his comeback make him an HEAVY WEIGHT ATG.

But unless you are a top 10 Heavyweight. you should not be considered an ATG Overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by quinton_mob View Post
        Where is rocky Marciano on most peoples lists?
        He's in my top 5.

Rocky Marciano is one of the most underrated ATG heavyweights (although in the 50s and 60s he was generally given fair credit).

Comment

• Rocky Marciano is not top 5

I can't believe freedom rank him as top 5.

Vitali would have wobbled Rocky with a jab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            Rocky Marciano is not top 5

I can't believe freedom rank him as top 5.

Vitali would have wobbled Rocky with a jab.
            No, Marciano would have held his own against Vitali.

Even though I'm a Klitschko fan, I rank Rocky Marciano higher than either Klitschko (I have Wlad at #9 and Vitali at #15).

49-0 and he beat every heavyweight contender from 1950 to 1955.

And he was a very exciting fighter to watch.

Comment

• 50-75

And that's being generous. To be honest he hasn't really done **** in the sport.
              Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 03-03-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• IMO, its difficult to rank Vitali.

Sure, he held is own for 5 rounds against Lennox; but is resume is littered with garbage. I know its not entirely his fault, and, yes, he does have an ATG chin, but i'd have love to have seen him tested a few more times in his career.

They'll always be questions re. his heart, too.

For me, Wladimir is a top 10 HW; Vitali a top 20 (perhaps...)

Comment

• Between 20-30.

He had the potential to be top10. His resume is too weak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                    50-75

And that's being generous. To be honest he hasn't really done **** in the sport.
                    Hahaha...check the edit...You had him 100-125 when you made that post. You dont know **** about boxing!

Comment

• those that think they can name 100 greater heavies than Vitali are just as dumb as those that say he's top10.

Comment

Working...
                      X