Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Turns His Back on Khan: Forget Amir, I'll Get a Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook Turns His Back on Khan: Forget Amir, I'll Get a Belt!

British welterweight Kell Brook (27-0, 18KOs) has turned his back on domestic rival Amir Khan. After Brook dominated Matthew Hatton on Saturday night in Sheffield, the boxer's promoter, Eddie Hearn, quickly targeted a blockbuster showdown with Khan which he insists can attract 50,000 people at an outdoor venue in England.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    British welterweight Kell Brook (27-0, 18KOs) has turned his back on domestic rival Amir Khan. After Brook dominated Matthew Hatton on Saturday night in Sheffield, the boxer's promoter, Eddie Hearn, quickly targeted a blockbuster showdown with Khan which he insists can attract 50,000 people at an outdoor venue in England.

[Click Here To Read More]
    This is good, he learnt from Junior Witter's mistake of chasing Ricky Hatton. By ignoring Khan, Brook is creating his own brand. He doesn't need Khan, he's packing arenas now. All he needs is someone who's actually rated like Berto and Ortiz on his c.v but that won't be easy because those guys can bang and they are really good. I'm sure he wants Malignaggi next which is a biatch move to me because Paulie ain't shiat. He should go for the likes of Alexander but I'm not convinced Brook is fast enough to really fight those guys. I know he has great timing and power but whether he's actually anything will be seen when he fights a real opponent. To me Brook's just a prospect who still needs to prove himself

Comment

Khan, who faces Lamont Peterson on May 26th in Las Vegas, has little to no interest in facing Brook. That's just fine, says Brook. He plans to target any of the big names in the welterweight division.

"I want whoever I can get my hands on. I'll be watching Vyacheslav Senchenko vs. Paulie Malignaggi and Andre Berto vs. Victor Ortiz with great interest. I want to be fighting at that top table now with elite fighters. I think I've proved I deserve to be there. Forget Khan. I'm doing my own thing. I'll get a belt and will be packing big arenas out. I've done this since I was nine years old and I'm buzzing at the moment. The dream is still popping. We're still unbeaten and it's going to stay that way for a long time," Brook said.

Comment

Unfortunately for the Kell Brook guy....when they are pumping up a win over Matthew Hatton (LOL) to this extreme...it means they are simply a product of hype and nothing but a major investment. Khan is the truth. Brook hasnt even beaten a top 60 contender.

Comment

Get a belt and Khan will be chasing you

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil View Post
            Unfortunately for the Kell Brook guy....when they are pumping up a win over Matthew Hatton (LOL) to this extreme...it means they are simply a product of hype and nothing but a major investment. Khan is the truth. Brook hasnt even beaten a top 60 contender.
            So Rafal Jackiecewz and Matthew Hatton "weren't top 60?"

What a DIV

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoy22 View Post
              So Rafal Jackiecewz and Matthew Hatton "weren't top 60?"

What a DIV
              Freakin Jackiecewz was top 10

Comment

Good to hear.

He has no reason to chase Khan, he has a lot of options at 147 in terms of winning a world title, Khan doesn't provide that. Berto, Malignaggi, Senchenko...Brook has the ability beat all of those guy's and make himself a star. He's already big over here and can fill arena's, a world title is the next step.

Comment

I think this is the problem with many British fighters who are fed bums for long. Problem comes when they have to face real opponents and they are exposed. We all saw that Ricky Hatton could not last once he started fighting real fighters yet he had been filling arenas fighting has beens and shop flow workers. I hope Brook gets into a position as a contender for a real title so we can see what he's made of. Until then Brook's just a prospect and the more he fights bums the more I will dislike him because I can't stand talkers with inflated records. That's why I never used to like Hatton until he stepped up but the day he stepped up he was knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Good to hear.

He has no reason to chase Khan, he has a lot of options at 147 in terms of winning a world title, Khan doesn't provide that. Berto, Malignaggi, Senchenko...Brook has the ability beat all of those guy's and make himself a star. He's already big over here and can fill arena's, a world title is the next step.
                    khan has alot more options then brook when he moves to 147 fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X