Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sergio Martinez guilty of picking on fighters smaller than him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Sergio Martinez is a cherry picker because he wants to fight Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacqiuao.

I never said cherry picker did I? The arguement was I wanted to highlight Martinez options at 168 or 175 instead of being obssessed with fighting people who clearly cannot make the weight he wants

Comment

Originally posted by The_Golden_Goy View Post
      Errr check your facts mate, Williams has fought mostly at Welterweight.

And theres a difference between fighting someone of the same weight who has an advantage in height by a few inches, than say Pacquiao going up and giving up height, weight and power. Pavlik is slower, has worse technique and terrible footwork.

Get a grip son
      Err check your facts mate,

P-Will has more fights at MW then Martinez does. And, really most of P-Will fights have come over the WW limit. Martinez has more WW fights than P-Will does.

Get a grip son.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
        This is like saying is water wet? Of course.

He ducked his last 2 mandatories at 160 and he calls out Pac, Floyd and Cotto. He doesn't want to fight a legit 160.
        he aint ducked ****..hbo wouldnt but the zbik fight..get your facts str8..everything was cool till he ran manny back to 147

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          Err check your facts mate,

P-Will has more fights at MW then Martinez does. And, really most of P-Will fights have come over the WW limit. Martinez has more WW fights than P-Will does.

Get a grip son.
          check and mate

Comment

He ducked his last 2 mandatories at 160 and he calls out Pac, Floyd and Cotto. He doesn't want to fight a legit 160.
            Yeah, who wants to see him fight the best fighters in the sport? He should be targeting Felix Sturm, that'd be exciting.

Too much is made of weight these days. Martinez and Pacquiao are both outstanding fighters who can compete at @154, so why not get it on?

Comment

I never said cherry picker did I? The arguement was I wanted to highlight Martinez options at 168 or 175 instead of being obssessed with fighting people who clearly cannot make the weight he wants
              But, both fighters won trinkets at the weight-class Martinez is willing to fight them at right?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                But, both fighters won trinkets at the weight-class Martinez is willing to fight them at right?
                no mannys a jww according to them..mention martinezs name and manny shrinks..bring up jmm and all the sudden manny is huge

Comment

What mandatory did he duck? Do you know what a duck is? You dumb fuck.

Comment

wish some of mannys fans had the balls manny does..cause they make up excuses for him that hed never make..hes a fighter

Comment

But isn't that precisely what you're doing in this thread? Saying Martinez is picking on smaller fighters as oppose to fighting guys 'his size'?

Martinez was fighting at 154 just before 2010 and started his career at 147. He is a small middleweight.

Floyd and Manny both won titles at Jr Middleweight (or apparently)

Sergio says he will come down to fight them were they have fought before and won titles. So why are they too small now?

Manny just fought at Jr Middleweight. Well, I guess you can call it that. Strange he's too small when it's not Margarito who he is fighting.

And Floyd is a small Jr Middleweight but if he has made it before he can certainly make it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X