Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Decision on Trinidad VS De LA Hoya was just as bad as Pacquiao VS Bradely..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oscar fans think Oscar won and the Tito fans think Tito won. Oscar is one of the most popular fighters ever. In Puerto Rico most fans think Trinidad won.That fight was nothing like the Bradley fight. Even Pac haters like Floyd Mayweather Sr. had Pacquiao an easy winner.

Comment

There were alot of rounds where nothing was happening and could have gone either way so no, DLH just blew it at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by 10,000 Days View Post
        Don't tell me you had Tito winning...
        I had the fans losing.

Look, I have never watched that fight again and have no intentions of doing so because it was beyond ****ty. But there is no way I would ever claim someone got "robbed" when they spent a quarter of the fight running. Put any other fighter in there besides Oscar and they would be bashed endlessly. The only people that got robbed were the ones who paid for that mess.

And finally, the fact is, he didn't win the first 8 rounds. And he began running because, as inept as Tito was that night, his strategy of wearing Oscar down was taking effect and had Oscar stood his ground, he would've ate some vicious bombs. Nearly everyone had it a one or two point swing in either direction, including Oscar's biggest cheerleaders, HBO. So no, not a "robbery" in any sense, regardless of who you thought won.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          The Oscar fans think Oscar won and the Tito fans think Tito won. Oscar is one of the most popular fighters ever. In Puerto Rico most fans think Trinidad won.That fight was nothing like the Bradley fight. Even Pac haters like Floyd Mayweather Sr. had Pacquiao an easy winner.
          Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          There were alot of rounds where nothing was happening and could have gone either way so no, DLH just blew it at the end.
          Coming from a rican in the island I can tell you even most Tito fans think De La Hoya outboxed the rican.

Most ricans also think in the end that Tito deserved the decision for you know what.

Comment

LOL. hell no.

Trinidad was a close but clear win.

Comment

Weird.

All my Puerto Rican homies unanimously had Oscar the clear winner.

Comment

Trinidad won rounds 4,10,11,12 clearly. Oscar won 2,3,5,6,7,8,9 clearly.

The only swing round was round 1 and I usually give it to Trinidad because Oscar did nothing but just feel out and get his range down.

It was a robbery. Don King was on a roll that year because before that he was behind the Lewis/Holyfield travesty too.

Only Ricans and people that hate Oscar could actually find Trinidad winning that fight. They have to watch it in superslow motion hanging upside down with no commentary in order to give Trinidad that fight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RIZO24 View Post
                    Fox Deportes just aired Trinidad VS De La Hoya and I watched the whole fight. I was never a big fan of De La Hoya but he put it on Trinidad. I gave Trinidad rounds 10-12 and that was just because De La Hoya ran like a girl but from rounds 1-8 De La Hoya made Trinidad look silly... I mean that was such a robbery just like Bradely's decision over Pacquiao..
                    I had 8 rounds Delahoya 4 Rounds Tito. Pacquaio 10 rounds Bradley 2 rounds and thats being nice

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      i'm not a fan of oscar and he won. now trinidad-calzaghe trinidad was robbed!

Comment

Working...
                      X