No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Berto, Tony Morgan Part Ways After a Long Run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andre Berto, Tony Morgan Part Ways After a Long Run

Former two-time World Champion Andre Berto (Winter Haven, Fla.) has chosen to part ways with his long-time trainer Tony Morgan, ending a nearly 20-year partnership that resulted in two world titles and a berth on the 2004 Haitian Olympic Team. The 29-year-old Berto has worked with Morgan since his time as a young amateur in central Floria, but has made the very difficult decision to move in another direction in his training.

"Tony and I had a great ride together from the amateurs to two professional world championships, and he will always be a very important person in my life," Berto said. "He taught me a lot and I am grateful to him for that, but this is a decision I had to make at this point in my career." [Click Here To Read More]

Too late now. This should've been done long ago.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

No disrespect to Tony but it's about damn time Berto made this move Mike Stafford would be a good choice for him

Comment

Is it just me or does Morgan always sound like he's about to cry in the corner, especially when Berto is losing a fight?

Comment

couldn't hurt...but I don't think berto beats anyone in the top 10 right now

Comment

no trainer can help berto

Comment

Berto is dumb. He shouldve done this a long time ago. That dude was terrible. He always had Berto going the wrong way against Southpaws. All Berto would fight was Southpaws and in every single fight he circled the wrong way. Then he comes out last fight trying to look like Mayweather. The trainer was terrible

Comment

This is the same trainer who said Guerrero had no inside game after Guerrero beat him on the inside?
                Yeah, good call by Berto, the guy made a real arse of himself with that interview

Comment

About time...

Comment

I hope Berto removes his annoying as brother from his corner to he be talking over the trainer saying dumb **** like you a beast berto

Comment

Working...
                    X