No announcement yet.

I had my first amateur fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my first amateur fight

I've been training at a gym since summer, and this is my first fight. All I've been sparring were orthodox people at my height, and this tall southpaw mother****er appears out of nowhere. Haha oh well it was fun.

I lost by decision. Any criticism is welcome. Now that I know how it feels to be in the ring, I want to go back, and I want to win. Many have told me I should've been more aggressive, but I was trying too hard to time things right. Also, I tripped, but it got counted as a kd. Oh and this is at 141 and I'm 5'5".

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3:

you stepped up to fight and did just that. Good job man ...Rockin'

Comment

You'll get the next one. Good for you for stepping up. Green k sent.

Comment

close fight and you took the fight to him. seen worse semi pro/pro fights

Comment

well done man you done the hardest part my brother,you did well.i remember my first fight....wild as hell lol we were swinging big ones from the first bell,one tiny bit of advice brother dont dip to low against a southpaw or they will whip that lefty uppercut in,its there more natural shot.green k sent man well done

Comment

Thanks guys I was definitely really nervous but once I got in the ring everything went away. What can I work on in my boxing? I've been trying to work on my jab, but I don't know how to jab a southpaw as well lol.

Comment

Everybody was yelling 'straight right' but the punch to beat a southpaw is the left hook, and it was there for you the whole fight. When he was moving to his left (your right)you want to be hooking when he throws his left hand. When you threw the right hand, you needed to come back with the left hook. When you ducked under punches, the hook was there for you.
              For a first time, you didn't seem to let a tall southpaw bother you much at all.

Comment

You looked composed in there, I hope I do half as good as you when I break into the amateurs

Comment

Not bad, there's a lot of room for improvement. Keep it up bro!

Comment

It was your first fight, I wouldn't think too much about it. Just continue to develope and look for gaping holes in your defense. The next guy you fight will be totally different. So you can really only work on your fundementals at this point.

You've got a good start, you know how it feels now, so just keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                    X