speed bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed bag

my speed bag is **** it barely bounces no matter how hard i hit it
    whats the most important thing, the swivel or the bag?
    mines ****. my speed bag platform was like built into my heavy bag stand that i bought so i figured id buy a speed bag and i got a cheap one at big 5... the platform moves which i see good speed bags/speed bags in my gym dont, but im not sure thats the main reason why the bag moves so slow... the speed bag cant move in all directions when u hit it.. soo i need to change the swivel?
    plus my speed bag was the cheapest one in the store and i have no idea why the prices vary..
    advice?

I wouldn't know from experience, but if you have the everlast vinyl bag, I heard its ****.

Comment

nah i got the century vinyl speed bag

Comment

I got the everlast setup for $50 with the bag, gloves, rope, and platform. Yeah it does suck.

I would first recommend change the swivel. you will definetly notice a difference. I also changed to a small everlast bag and it works even better.

Comment

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
          my speed bag is **** it barely bounces no matter how hard i hit it
          whats the most important thing, the swivel or the bag?
          mines ****. my speed bag platform was like built into my heavy bag stand that i bought so i figured id buy a speed bag and i got a cheap one at big 5... the platform moves which i see good speed bags/speed bags in my gym dont, but im not sure thats the main reason why the bag moves so slow... the speed bag cant move in all directions when u hit it.. soo i need to change the swivel?
          plus my speed bag was the cheapest one in the store and i have no idea why the prices vary..
          advice?
          to be honest with you i gave up trying to make a good speedbag setup due to my garage wood not being the right type to keep it stable but a few tips would be make sure the circle platform is supported very very well and has weight on top of it find a tire and i gurantee you you will notice better stabilty and more bounce in the bag and yes the swivel makes a big diffrence

Comment

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but is it fully filled with air? It may seem filled with air, until you realize you can add a lot more air to it.

And you have to make sure it is screwed in correctly. You can actually screw it in with missing a groove, but it wont work right. Make sure its perfectly tightened.

Comment

Just don't OVERfill, or BAM!

Comment

my bag was filled with a lot of air, i thought it hda too much. i havent pumped it in a long time and its still fine.

well i guess ill get a new swivel... any suggestions on the swivel?

http://store.titleboxing.com/plastic-s-swivel.html
                well that looks simple.. and cheap..looks as if it would move in all directions

my swivel looks like this one
                http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...oswiv-ets.html
                and it only moves back and forth making it really easy to hit.. and it moves very slowly
                how about these other two swivels that are 30 and 40 bucks are those much better? whats the best one to go with. i haven o idea

Comment

speed bag

I put some weights on top of the platform to keep it more stable on my speed bag worked fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by the330ballers View Post
                    my bag was filled with a lot of air, i thought it hda too much. i havent pumped it in a long time and its still fine.

well i guess ill get a new swivel... any suggestions on the swivel?

http://store.titleboxing.com/plastic-s-swivel.html
                    well that looks simple.. and cheap..looks as if it would move in all directions

my swivel looks like this one
                    http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...oswiv-ets.html
                    and it only moves back and forth making it really easy to hit.. and it moves very slowly
                    how about these other two swivels that are 30 and 40 bucks are those much better? whats the best one to go with. i haven o idea
                    first off, that first swivel you posted is the one I had. that thing is a straight up piece of ****. Its made entirely of plastic except for the hook and moves in jerky motions.

The swivel you got is the one I upgraded to. I dont know what you are talking about. It moves in all directions just fine for me. I can walk around the platform and still and keep up a good rhythm. I dont know. your bag must be straight ass then or maybe youre just too good for that swivel. change the bag out first. and then maybe get a more expensive swivel though I dont think you need it.

also get a small bag. I had the everlast vinyl which is like a large size regular bag. small bags rebound faster. as soon as I perfect my technique on what I got Ima get an extra small.

it also depends on how you hit it. I just remembered that if hit it just right flush with my fist only and no wrist or forearm contact my bag wont respond well. could be your technique.
                    Last edited by whatevathehell; 02-20-2007, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X