• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Fight the almighty Jovo Pudar
    Or superstar Pianeta! haha it's untrue.

Comment

Haye is too fast and stops Pulev inside five rounds. I don't think Oulev has the style to trouble Haye all that much. It's a good fight though and people have to give Haye some credit for taking on one of the best boxers in the HW division.

Comment

Styles make fights so i will break down their styles:

Kubrat Pulev: Well Pulev's stance is kinda like a kick boxers, upright...low guard and bounces on his feet, his stance is kinda like Junior dos santos', he opperates out of a very slow tempo and likes to break fighters down, he has a very good, solid left jab...he thumps it out with accuracy and timing, his straight right hand is very wild and looping kinda like Marco Hucks, his hooks are average and his reflexes/upper body movement is good.

David Haye: Haye fights out of an aggressive counter punching style, he likes to drop his left hand to bait fighters in so he can counter with a powerful punch, his jab is very quick and solid but he doesn't use it that often, haye's straight right is very powerful and quick, it can knock any fighter in the division out cold, also the right hook which is a little more wild but equally devastating, the left hook is also powerful, the uppercuts are usually used to set up a hook, also his reflexes are cat-like which makes him frustratingly difficult to hit clean.

Final Outcome: Kubrat Pulev has looked very impressive against tall, slow and plodding eastern europians or faded contenders but how will he look when he faces a Fast, accurate, crafty former heavyweight champion with murderous punching power, Pulev hasn't got the volume to outwork haye for 10 or 12 rounds or power to put Haye away...I expect the first round to be cagey, and if Pulev has the avarage heavyweights chin i expect Haye to dispatch him in four rounds...Pulev is a very good fighter but i dont see him dealing with the speed and power of David Haye.

David Haye TKO3 Kubrat Pulev

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Pulev is asking to get nailed by the 'Hayemaker' I think a lot could depend on just how tough Pulev is.

If Pulev is too win I pretty much expect it to be late and basically from Haye punching himself out. Similar to the Thompson fight.

He has good tools; Good footwork, hes not slow, a very good jab, decent power I just think hes outgunned here & he certainly hasn't fought anybody who is fast or has good movement.

I see it going one of two ways; Haye early/mid stoppage or Pulev with a come from behind win.
          Haye punches himself out/fades & Pulev wears him down.
          Good points made.

Comment

I'm certain Haye will not fight somebody good like Kubrat Pulev.

Haye has never fought a single prime top ten heavyweight contender. He'll choose someone easy to look good against like Andrew Wawrzyk, who was knocked down by a 1-14 fighter who has a 0% KO ratio, or choose an old guy like Jovo Pudar.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
              My Prediction:
              Gurov had been KOed 4 times before he fought Haye. Pulev has never been down.

Huge difference. Wawrzyk is glass-chinned (similar to Gurov), but Pulev is a good fighter.

I'm taking bets Haye will not fight Pulev.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Haye had the balls to get in the ring with Pulev.

Am I the only one thinking Pulev beats Haye too?

Sure, Haye has all the tools and speed to cause Pulev problems but he's had that advantage in previous fights and been unable to use them properly. The best weapon to use against Haye is a good, solid jab and Pulev certainly has one.

If anyone in this fight is needing the puncher's chance, I believe it's Haye. I don't think he'll be able to outbox Pulev and will be eating jabs all night. I see Pulev winning on points in a good fight, possibly both men going down at some point but seeing the fight out.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  Yes you are.

In fact, I'd be curious to know why you think Pulev who's slower than Barrett, Wlad, Chisora could land on Haye when they couldn't? He would most certainly be punching air all night long, and I'd be happy to bet a couple of bn that Haye wins the fight if you want?
                  Last edited by LacedUp; 04-09-2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    I'd be surprised if Haye had the balls to get in the ring with Pulev.

Pulev would have a good 50-50 chance against Haye. It the kind of competitive matchup the heavyweight division needs.

But Haye won't fight him, or even fight the durable Charr.

He'll choose someone easy to KO like Andrew Wawrzyk, wait and see.

Comment

None of those were punching air when they fought Haye, he may've slipped a few punches but his reflex-based defence is far too leaky. Fair enough he displayed some good movement in the Wlad fight and created his own opportunities but he did not take 'em.

People seem to have completely forgotten about the 5 rounds prior to Haye knocking Chisora out, where he looked far from some agile, un-hittable beast you make him sound to be.

Pulev has a very accurate and educated jab that he will land on Haye frequently. Timing is the counter to Haye's speed, Pulev's footwork is good enough to keep him on the outside where he can outbox Haye. Not to mention Haye's stamina is an issue, I've seen Pulev last in a gruelling fight - Haye doesn't.

I really hope the fight happens and I don't bet with online points, I'll wager real money on Pulev.

Comment

Working...
                      X