No announcement yet.

Andre Ward got KNOCKED DOWN!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward got KNOCKED DOWN!!!

Olympic gold medalist Andre Ward (7-0, 4 KOs) was knocked down in round four, but regain his feet and went to win a 57-56, 58-56, 59-55 unanimous decision over Darnell Boone (6-3-1, 3 KOs).

Source: http://www.*********.com/*********_2/headlines//EEFkuVEylZBrXiFcGX.html

Tsk, I wish they could've shown the Ward fight on HBO since they had a lot of time to spare. I want to see that knockdown to find out if Ward's chin is suspect, I hope not.

Damn, thats not a good sign...

Comment

I just got back from the fight and yes it is Ward's chin, he got rocked by an uppercut and almost didn't get up, he was hurt real bad.

Comment

I had a feeling this guy wouldn't be for real.

He left himself open too much and I knew somewhere down the road He would pay for it. Hopefully, He learns from this and he doesn't fight as reckless which it seems He did.

Comment

Originally posted by TuPrincipe
          I had a feeling this guy wouldn't be for real.

He left himself open too much and I knew somewhere down the road He would pay for it. Hopefully, He learns from this and he doesn't fight as reckless which it seems He did.

He wasn't being reckless, he won the first 3 rounds going away its just that he left himself open for the left hook and the ppercut during an exchange an he got nailed. Trust me Ward was hurt, the only thing that save him was that there wasn't that much time left in the round. Although he showed heart, I'm now beginning to question his chin.

Comment

do not get sold yet on a fighta who hasn't touched a 2 digit Ws on his stats nah mean?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrististheAnswer2
              I just got back from the fight and yes it is Ward's chin, he got rocked by an uppercut and almost didn't get up, he was hurt real bad.
              Credit to him for getting up but like I said bad sign early...

Comment

i neve thought he was for real

Comment

Hopkins lost his pro debut...got knocked down twice vs Mercado...

looked what happened to him... =P

Comment

There's always exceptions to the rule Tyrant316.

I'm not completely sold on Ward, and neither is his promotional team.

Comment

Working...
                    X