Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't think Broner would beat Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think at the very least, you could say that if Broner came to fight, and exchanged with Rios, it's very possible that Rios can win SOME of those exchanges. It all depends on how Broner reacts to a flush uppercut to the jaw from a legit 140 pounder who will actually outweigh him. Remember, Broner's beating up tiny dudes at 135 as of current.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
      If that's the case, then why was the momentum in his favor and why was Alvarado tiring out?? He was simply getting his second wind, the man was throwing power shots all fight long. Saying he was "weary" is stretching the truth.
      He was definitely tiring. it's plain to see. I didn't say Alvarado wasn't tiring out either but Broner goes to the body much better than Alvarado does and has 10Xs the defense Alvarado does.

Comment

i think both rios and garcia have about an even chance to beat him; mathysse beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
          i think both rios and garcia have about an even chance to beat him; mathysse beats him.
          I agree, I think Mattysse walks right to him and while Broner might be able to avoid the hammer for a while, it would be just a matter of time

Comment

I'd love to see this fight. But who are we kidding?
            Broner won't be fighting the likes of Rios anytime soon.
            He is managed by Haymon. He will go the Berto route when
            he was undefeated for a long while and will hold on to his zero
            as long as he can by fighting boxers with three fans.

Comment

To beat a broner/mayweather type of fighter, you need fast feet, and I mean fast, that way you can hit him and get away before he counters you.
              Martinez, ali,dirrel are the type of style that can beat the phillyshell

Rios will get counterd to death.

That is why floyd loved comeforward type of boxers and fear martinez like he was the devil

Comment

I don't think Rios is the guy to beat him either. Honestly, I thought Demarco, being a southpaw and having such a height advantage, had a good shot. I underestimated how much of a one handed fighter he is, though.

Rios has a better shot because of his commitment to go to the body, and the way he puts two or three punches together in exchanges. His left can come in the form of a hook or a power jab, while his right works on the body and on going over the shoulder. But, Broner looks much too strong and durable to be worn down by Rios before breaking Bam Bam down himself. i see him beating him to the punch and having all advantages on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                X