Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question to Cotto fans regarding Canelo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question to Cotto fans regarding Canelo.

Hypothetically speaking................If Canelo were to fight Mayorga on Sept 15, would you give him credit?

I wonder if the TS has anything better to do than bait Cotto fans with stupid threads like this.

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
      I wonder if the TS has anything better to do than bait Cotto fans with stupid threads like this.
      How is it a stupid thread? Cotto fought Mayorga and his fans made it up to be a good win. Am I wrong?
      Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 06-29-2012, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        How is it a stupid thread? Cotto fought Mayorga and his fans made it up to be a good win. Am I wrong?
        Cotto one of my fav fighters of this era. I really didnt give him credit for the win. THe fight was entertaining though. If canelo fights him it will be entertaining as well. I can see canelo finishing him with body punches.

Comment

Not really, but Cotto doesn't get credit either. That fight was stay busy he had been inactive for 8 or 9 months. Cotto hadn't been with a puncher at 154 either so there were a few questions that needed to be answered.

Canelo would really be better off postponing the fight and trying to get Cotto or Kirkland, makes no sense to fight HBO's event on a lesser network and with lesser opposition.

Comment

Mayorga was Cotto's second fight @154 (that was Mayorga's 5th time fighting @154). Cotto has suffered in-ring wear and tear that rivals all the beatings Mayorga has taken. So although Mayorga is older, they aren't far apart as far as ring years go.

On the other hand, Canelo has been at 154 for 9 fights, and he's about to turn 22. Cotto shouldn't have fought Mayorga, and Canelo has absolutely zero reason to fight him and will get zero credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              Hypothetically speaking................If Canelo were to fight Mayorga on Sept 15, would you give him credit?
              I'd give him the same type of credit. Which may be very little. Nothing great about a victory over Mayorga now a days. TBH, I wouldnt mind watching Canelo vs Mayorga (though, i'd preffer Margarito vs Mayorga). I would love to hear the trash talking Mayorga would in reference to Canelo.

Comment

Nice answers. Thanks guys for the reply.

Comment

Mayorga was a tune up, test fight, to see how well Cotto would do against a puncher @ 154.

I don't think that victory was anything special, and neither do any reasonable Cotto fans.

I'd give Canelo the same amount of credit. Very little to none.

Comment

Not any credit really! Not because Mayorga cant be dangerous on his night, but he's meant to be stepping up! He beat the old great champion, now its time for the young hungry contenders, if he keeps putting it off im gonna have to start hating this guy, i hope he fights cotto! Got Cotto winning in an incredible fight

Comment

Working...
                    X