No announcement yet.

Broner, P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner, P4P

Why do guys think he is included in a lot of Pound for Pound top ten lists?

I understand he is a two weight world champion but I'm personally not sure why he is even being considered yet, is it simply just a way to 'freshen up' the pound for pound list so it doesn't contain the same guys?

because he's with GoldenBoy and is seen as Mayweather 2.0. He's GoldenBoy's future cash cow.

Ring Magazine is owned by Oscar De la hoya who also happens to own GoldenBoy.

Broner being P4P = more cash for Oscar and Golden boy

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      because he's with GoldenBoy and is seen as Mayweather 2.0. He's GoldenBoy's future cash cow.

Yep.

End Thread/

Comment

^ can't forget that hes also managed by al haymon who apparently has large strings to pull ^

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

That'd pretty much sum it up for me too!

Comment

What Maniac said.I do feel by the end off this year he will be a deserved top ten fighter

Comment

Maybe that's their P4P fantasy fight rankings. They have Floyd ranked at #1

Comment

Because people think he is on Mayweather's level or something just because the dude tries to act like him. He really only has one win over a quality opponent in DeMarco and he already has a questionable win or two under his belt.....first indicator of a "hype-job"

Comment

I think many are going on his potential to be a great fighter and who they think he could beat rather than rate him on who he actually beat and what he really has done. Beating one top lightweight should not earn him a top ten pfp rating when more than ten other fighters have done more. DeMarco was not rated anywhere near the top ten pfp. As for his high pfp. rating by Ring goes, Oscar promotes him and Oscar owns Ring magazine. A win or two more over a top lightweight like Burns and Vasquez and I would put him in my top ten but his next fight is with a low ranked fighter and KOing Rees should not raise him up any higher. I would say he is in the top 20 and will probably continue to go higher in the future with more good wins.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Because people think he is on Mayweather's level or something just because the dude tries to act like him. He really only has one win over a quality opponent in DeMarco and he already has a questionable win or two under his belt.....first indicator of a "hype-job"
                    That is a better point than all the rest. Everything is a conspiracy to some people. I've often thought about that too. Broner seems so Floyd like, people may presieve him to be better than he is without proving himself. I guess only time tells. I'd like to see how he handles getting hurt.

Comment

Working...
                    X