Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights From Corpus Christi, TX: Williams 153.5, Ishida 155

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights From Corpus Christi, TX: Williams 153.5, Ishida 155

By Jake Donovan - The 2012 season premiere of Showtime Championship Boxing is officially underway, as all four televised fighters made weight for Saturday’s show live from the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Headlining the telecast is a 12-round junior middleweight showdown between former two-division titlist Paul Williams and Japanese contender Nobuhiro Ishida. Both fighters honored the contracted 155 lb weight limit, Ishida making weight on the dot while Williams came in slightly lighter at 153.5 lb. [Click Here To Read More]

Why 155? Odd weight.

War Punisher, I hope he has enough left to get one more good run in at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Why 155? Odd weight.

War Punisher, I hope he has enough left to get one more good run in at 154.
      It's not uncommon for non-title fights to feature a limit of +/- 1 lb.

Comment

War Ishida lol!!!

Comment

Photos now added

Comment

Is this the first time Williams has fought anyone even close to his own height?

Comment

I would love to see the winner of this fight face the Kirkland vs Molina winner.

Comment

This writer is terrible.

Comment

tavoris cloud looks great--cloud all the way...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                    Is this the first time Williams has fought anyone even close to his own height?
                    As far as I know, yes.

And so much for the "new and slimmed down" Chris Arreola he weighs 245. his last four fights he was 240, 236 twice and 234.

Both Cloud & Campillo look great.

Comment

Working...
                    X