No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Solis Reportedly Done, March 19 in Cologne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Solis Reportedly Done, March 19 in Cologne

According to reports in Germany, a deal has been reached for Vitali Klitschko (41-2, 38KOs) to defend his WBC heavyweight title against undefeated mandatory challenger Odlanier Solis (17-0, 12KOs) on March 19 at the Cologne Arena in Germany. There are unconfirmed reports that Solis will get close to $1.8 million U.S. dollars (1.4 million euros) for the fight, in exchange for Klitschko's company, K2 Promotions, getting the full promotional rights to the show. RTL will broadcast the fight live in Germany. Solis has fought nine previous times in Germany under his promoter, Ahmet Oner of Arena Box.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like how vitali does business, no bull****, he fights within 3months of signing the contract... RESPECT

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      According to reports in Germany, a deal has been reached for Vitali Klitschko (41-2, 38KOs) to defend his WBC heavyweight title against undefeated mandatory challenger Odlanier Solis (17-0, 12KOs) on March 19 at the Cologne Arena in Germany. There are unconfirmed reports that Solis will get close to $1.8 million U.S. dollars (1.4 million euros) for the fight, in exchange for Klitschko's company, K2 Promotions, getting the full promotional rights to the show. RTL will broadcast the fight live in Germany. Solis has fought nine previous times in Germany under his promoter, Ahmet Oner of Arena Box.
      [Click Here To Read More]

Can't wait for the fight. Solis is a worthy challenger.

Comment

This is a much better fight than a lot of people might think. Solis might be a chubby ****er, but he has immense technical skill, surprising speed and knockout power. If he can cut down to somewhere between 230 - 240 he may have what it takes. Depending on the odds, he might be worth a sneaky bet for the upset. Vitali isn't getting any younger and has noticeably slowed down, so you never know. Solis is good at walking down taller fighters and blocking shots on the way in, so he may be able to negate the height and reach difference by getting to the inside in a way many of Vitali's opponents haven't been able to. Vitali's punching power will be greatly reduced on the inside as well. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I smell a potential upset.

...just watch Solis take a twelve round beating now I've said that!

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
          Can't wait for the fight. Solis is a worthy challenger.
          It's one I'm looking forward to as well. Solis is the toughest opponent for Vitali since his return in 2008.

Comment

the way it was supposed to be...Vitali v Solis.

it good too cuz Soilis could have gotten shafted if Haye decided to fight Vitali.

Vitali v Solis and Wlad v Adamek....4 of the top 5 heavyweights and all at the right time in terms of $$ and credibility - Solis worked his way up legit and Adamek is on a winning streak.

Suddenly, I don't care about the Haye fight not being made.

Comment

Ok now im confused....why couldnt Wlad fight Chisora on this date? Tunney?

Comment

solis wont lose enough weight to train hard enough and be effective enough to KO vitali,or win enough rounds.

your best bet is to open up old cuts and bruise and batter old injuries.

hope vitali wins and we see vitali vs haye in august/september/october

if haye can destroy vitali,we will all know he would have beaten wlad,had wlad dared face him and not run scared to fight chisora and a unconvincing heavyweight in adamek who cant throw like a heavy and cant take heavyweigh shots,even fat arreola caught his polish ass bad.

i would have enjoyed vitali vs wlad,vitali would have really messed his bro up good.

Comment

How is it that old Vitali can get himself ready to fight Solis on the 19th March BUT Wlad the younger champion has to wait until April 30th to fight the easier opponent Chisora?

It's bollocks. If Wlad had arranged a March date to fight Dereck Chisora then there's a good chance that the July 2nd date would be more plausible for a mega fight with Haye.

What the fúck?

Comment

Solis is too fat to take serious. Vitali feasts on those. This should be one sided unless Vit is suddenly old.
                    Last edited by crold1; 01-09-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X