Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto by decapitation....

Comment

no one actually knows

ppl wanna say oh "cotto stops him " but valero was hard to hurt just too tough

i can se him shaking cotto up bad at 140 his thudding power was scary

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
        Cotto by decapitation....
        i think valero would push the action early making cotto fight but tbh its a toss-up "decapitation" is a strong word lol

Comment

Hard to tell. But I would have to go with Cotto simpy because he's proven. Valero never got to show what he could do. He never had a fight with anyone of note. It's hard to determine whether he did have the power that his record showed. I'll point to Deontay Wilder. Great record but does it mean that he's a monster puncher? The only way to find out is if he fights someone decent.

Cotto clearly had excellent power at 140. He was a beast at that weight class and I'm not sure how he managed to fit into that division. Also Cotto is a pretty good boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
            i think valero would push the action early making cotto fight but tbh its a toss-up "decapitation" is a strong word lol
            There really is nothing to debate, Valero's plan A, B and C was landing a big shot he was in love with his power.

Cotto stylistically would break him down work behind a jab, put in his body work and then seal the deal...

Comment

I'd pick Valero, he was as good if not better than Cotto in every department.
              Only thing for me Cotto has or does better is jab.

Valero probably even had the better bodyshots.

Comment

Have too favour Cotto just more proven even giving his weight trouble at 140 lbs.El Inca for me had alot off promise based on what ive heard from trainers from LA,watching sparring (i know some dont think anything off it but i think you can take something from it) and some fights notably the Mosquera and Demarco fights.Also depends how coked up Valero is

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  I'd pick Valero, he was as good if not better than Cotto in every department.
                  Only thing for me Cotto has or does better is jab.

Valero probably even had the better bodyshots.
                  Someone dislikes the Cotto fans

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    Have too favour Cotto just more proven even giving his weight trouble at 140 lbs.El Inca for me had alot off promise based on what ive heard from trainers from LA,watching sparring (i know some dont think anything off it but i think you can take something from it) and some fights notably the Mosquera and Demarco fights.Also depends how coked up Valero is
                    He had promise but that's it.

He took himself out of the game before we got to see what he was really made of.

Cotto by KO

Comment

Originally posted by Chemolina View Post
                      Hard to tell. But I would have to go with Cotto simpy because he's proven. Valero never got to show what he could do. He never had a fight with anyone of note. It's hard to determine whether he did have the power that his record showed. I'll point to Deontay Wilder. Great record but does it mean that he's a monster puncher? The only way to find out is if he fights someone decent.

Cotto clearly had excellent power at 140. He was a beast at that weight class and I'm not sure how he managed to fit into that division. Also Cotto is a pretty good boxer.

He flattened Mosquera, Antonio Pituala & DeMarco. DeMarco is No2 & a win over Molina probably edges him to No1.
                      Its a difficult fight to predict for obvious reasons and other reasons such as Valero was a 130lb fighter who had only had a couple of fights at 135. He never fought at 140!

Comment

Working...
                      X