Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladamir Klitschko A ATG Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NY Boxing! View Post
    He's now made 10 defences of his IBF HW title. He's made 6 straight defences of his undisputed title.

If you add up all his title defences. He has 15. He's virtually cleared out all top contenders. His record stands at 56-3 with 49 via KO.
    When was Wlad ever the undisputed champion?

Comment

Yes because of longevity. No matter what the era is like, dominating an era gets you ATG status. It's not like Wlad has ducked anyone.

Would I put him high? Hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by -JUGGERNAUT- View Post
        Many people consider Larry Holmes an ATG and his era was trashed just as much as Wlad's.

Wladimir is definitely an ATG.
        Holmes has Ken Norton and Ernie Shavers on his resume, which is a big reason we know he was an ATG heavyweight. Wlad desperately needs a name like that, but none are around.

Comment

I'm gonna agree with the weak era fella's. It's always been an acceptable argument against my man's Rocky, and Dempsey. I see no reason it shouldn't apply here.

Comment

Originally posted by RurouniYume View Post
            he's good, but to be an ATG you have to be in a great era. Very unfortunate for him, if there were people who challenged him he might actually have been more. He fought in the worst era of heavyweight boxing there has ever been

LOL so I guess Larry Holmes isn't an ATG either? The early/mid 80s was just as bad a heavyweight division as today. Marvin Hagler spent his career with Vito Antuofermo and Mustafa Hamsho as the next best Middleweight so he can't be an ATG

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
              LOL so I guess Larry Holmes isn't an ATG either? The early/mid 80s was just as bad a heavyweight division as today. Marvin Hagler spent his career with Vito Antuofermo and Mustafa Hamsho as the next best Middleweight so he can't be an ATG
              There was talent in Holmes era but also inconsistency. Today there is hardly any talent and even more inconsistency. That said, Wlad is probably within the top 16, 17 or so with room to improve and have his career properly looked at after he is finished fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Yes because of longevity. No matter what the era is like, dominating an era gets you ATG status. It's not like Wlad has ducked anyone.

Would I put him high? Hell no.
                No it doesn't, beating up on fat **** burger boys doesn't make you an ATG and its even worse when you've been KTFO by fat **** burger boys.

Comment

I'm no fan of Wlad or his style, however, he has all the belts bar one. How can this man not be an ATG? He has practically cleaned the division out, and no one has really even challenged him. The heavyweight division is poor, but you have to give Wlad some credit.

Like his style or not, he is an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                    I'm no fan of Wlad or his style, however, he has all the belts bar one. How can this man not be an ATG? He has practically cleaned the division out, and no one has really even challenged him. The heavyweight division is poor, but you have to give Wlad some credit.

Like his style or not, he is an ATG.
                    I like Wlad, actually, but you can't say that he's never been challenged. Dude has been KTFO several times. Including an embarassing two round domination by Corrie "Fucking" Sanders.

Comment

No. Sorry dudes, but fighters don't get graded on a curve. You don't get your C grade turned into an A just because everyone else got an F.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X