Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had the power, would you bring back 15 rounds ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No but there should be a bonus round for the winner. The fighter will have a full three minutes to drag a fat person from the crowd into the ring and then punch him or her threw the ropes with one uppercut all while getting pelted with hard boiled eggs.

Comment

I agree with 13 or some other odd number. I never got why they did 12 rounds when there's the opportunity for 6-6 ties. You have to have a 2 round lead in order to win.

There's a reason why NBA, NHL, and MLB do 5 and 7 game series.

Comment

i voted yes, but thinking about it, i voted yes jus cause i like odd numbers for rounds, like most of the guys here. 13 would be perfect for me. would get rid of alot of bs draws and such...

Comment

**** Yeah. A few of today champ wouldn't be if we had 15 rds.

Comment

A lot of fighters are superstitious, they definitely wouldn't like fighting 13-round fights.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
              i voted yes, but thinking about it, i voted yes jus cause i like odd numbers for rounds, like most of the guys here. 13 would be perfect for me. would get rid of alot of bs draws and such...
              I like the 13 rd concept. I would make it 4 minute for this last rd. Heck let's make the Last 3 rds 4 minute rds.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                No, purely for health reasons.

12 is fine with me.
                what medical basis do you have for this? before the mancini kim fight repercussions, 15 rd fights were the norm.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                A lot of fighters are superstitious, they definitely wouldn't like fighting 13-round fights.
                but they like getting paychecks so i doubt they put up much of a fight if they changed it.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  what medical basis do you have for this? before the mancini kim fight repercussions, 15 rd fights were the norm.

but they like getting paychecks so i doubt they put up much of a fight if they changed it.
                  Yep. Most of the fights where the fighters die or severely injures happen before the 12 rd since the Mancini vs Kim fight.

Comment

The majority of the so-called "title holders" don't want to fight more than once every 14 months it seems!!! Maybe we need to have 20 Round title fights so the public can have a memory of who is the champ???
                    These guys don't give it all in 12 why have 15 they'll be even more boring!!!
                    How about 7 round title fights, maybe they'll actually fight!!!
                    Watching Sergio count the rounds as he runs around and looking at Junior patheticly stalk him was a painful display of pathetic skills. One who hits and runs and the other one who doesn't even know how to hit!!
                    These are the best!! A Title fight? 15 rounds? Hell that should have been FIVE
                    Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Nope.

Mancini-Kim is enough to say no.

We're not the one's in there, we're just watching. Easy to say to bring it back when it's not you.
                      Thats a straw man argument. Many fighters have died in the ring since then in 12 rounds fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X