No announcement yet.

To hell with college - Dropping out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To hell with college - Dropping out!

I am a PhD student, 2nd yr. Bored out of my mind man. MA level was the limit of my interest in this crap.

I just want to get a job, make some money and chill.

I am weighing up the plus/minus of dropping out and am leaning towards leaving.

What are your undergrad and master's degrees in?..

Comment

UG: History

MA: Intl Relations

I got good grades (2.1/merit) and have lots of internships inc one in House of Lords (that's the UK version of the Senate).

I just dont know what I want to do with my life. I wont study again for years, if ever, and if I do, it'll be a taught MA/MSc.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        UG: History

MA: Intl Relations

I got good grades (2.1/merit) and have lots of internships inc one in House of Lords (that's the UK version of the Senate).

I just dont know what I want to do with my life. I wont study again for years, if ever, and if I do, it'll be a taught MA/MSc.
        If you don't think you would be happy getting into what you are studying for there is no point in doing it. I mean your job is hours out of your life you can't get back in exchange for money which you can always find some way to obtain.

Think long and hard about what your interested in, enjoy doing, and what you could be content with going to work everyday.

Comment

How much more you got for a PHD?

Comment

Ages, 4-5 years. I started y2 in 09/2011. So am 13-15 months in.

Bored man.

Comment

Ages, 4-5 years. I started y2 in 09/2011. So am 13-15 months in.

Bored man.
              Holy **** so you've been in school for about 8 years and you have another 4-5 to go?

I would personally drop out, thats too much unless im becoming a medical doctors

Comment

I am a PhD student, 2nd yr. Bored out of my mind man. MA level was the limit of my interest in this crap.

I just want to get a job, make some money and chill.

I am weighing up the plus/minus of dropping out and am leaning towards leaving.
                If you're bored then it's probably best to drop out. In my first year of college I thought I would love Graphic Design but the classes in my college just destroyed my love of drawing. I took gen ed courses my 2nd semester and then the next year went to Columbia College Chicago to get a film degree. In taking classes for a film degree I realized that I had a love for doing the audio part of post production and that's what I got a degree in.

Comment

Russian,

I have been in college for (3+1+1) 5 years in sum. 3 for my BA, 1 for my MA. 1 now (plus some months) on this PhD BS but this I will cut short.

I may get a fee refund of like £1000.

Comment

Russian,

I have been in college for (3+1+1) 5 years in sum. 3 for my BA, 1 for my MA. 1 now (plus some months) on this PhD BS but this I will cut short.

I may get a fee refund of like £1000.
                    You got a masters in only 4 years?

Comment

Working...
                    X