No announcement yet.

ANGULO vs VANES Nov.5 on HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
    Angulo by fairly easy stoppage inside 4 rounds. Vanes is a B level fighter, with mediocre skills. If I were to pick an exact round I'd say round two, I just think Vanes' ability and prospects are not good at all, Angulo will overwhelm him, smother him, and will ultimately crush Vanes brutally.

Erislandy Lara by TKO 11. Dzinzurik is a decent fighter, while Lara is a very good fighter, Lara's footwork and counterpunching will shut Sergei down.
    A B fighter with the right style and attributes can beat an A fighter on any given night. Wlad-Brewster I, Taylor-Hopkins II, and Williams-Quintana I to name a few.

Comment

NOTE : danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
      If the Angulo fight that is being discussed for HBO on 11/5 in Mexico comes off, heard Dzinziruk-Erislandy Lara could open the show.

it will not be a double header card as i previously mentioned...Lara/Sergie will replace Angulo/Vanes if it is not made.

Comment

Damn November the 5th is really a hot date !

Look at all those fights !

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          A B fighter with the right style and attributes can beat an A fighter on any given night. Wlad-Brewster I, Taylor-Hopkins II, and Williams-Quintana I to name a few.
          I agree, BUT this doesn't happen very often at the highest level of the sport. I'm sorry but I just don't see any potential in Vanes, I just don't. He's a top 20 fighter at best, that has shown he can only go so far (Ouma, Roman) etc. HEY, I could be completely wrong, but I'm almost 100 percent positive I'm not. As for Angulo he isn't all that great either but overall he's more skilled than Vanes. Just because Angulo has shaky defense and is a come forward kinda fighter, and Vanes is a boxer, doesn't mean Angulo is a lesser fighter. People use the word "brawler" way, waaay too much nowadays, just because a boxer is aggressive and has shaky defense doesn't make him a brawler. there's inside fighters, pressure fighters etc etc...I'd say Angulo is a mixture of both of these. Anyway sorry to get slightly off topic just was trying to make a point, Vanes just doesn't have the kind of world class power you need to keep a fighter at bay such as Angulo, that is if that's all you have to rely on, which is ridiculous. Vanes does not have the type of speed, footwork, defense and especially doesn't have anything close to world class ring generalship abilities, which is what you need more than ANYTHING to compete let alone to beat Angulo. I just see Vanes trying to box Angulo off the back foot attempting to use footwork and counters that Angulo will have no problem breaking through at all, and Vanes will realize this and resort to trying to actually fight Angulo and that very moment, Angulo will crush him. Angulo VIA KO inside 4 NO LATER. To pick a certain round, like I said before, likely round 2. Just my two cents people, just my opinion. That is all.

Comment

Working...
          X