No announcement yet.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I voted "Donaire" back when the poll first went up. I feel the same way today, for pretty much the same reasons. I think Rigo is a great boxer, but he needs a little more work before taking on Nonito. If they were to fight today, I believe Guille would have a good chance at pulling the upset, but I wouldn't bet on it. What makes me a little impatient for this fight is that Donaire has his sights set on 126, and Rigo isn't getting any younger.
    I really want Rigo to get some more opponents under his belt, but he might wind up sacrificing his chance to fight Nonito if he goes that route. It might be a blessing in disguise if Rigo doesn't fight Nonito. I can see him being a top 3 122lb as long as he takes his career seriously. If Nonito decided to move up, it wouldn't make much of a difference because there are numerous opponents that Rigo can face.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 10-18-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• The people have spoken! Donaire is scared of losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
        donair ko he seems to do his best with hi back againt the wall anytime omeone doubts him he shows up big !
        ko 5
        This. He seems to fight better when the stage is bigger. Darchinyan, Montieal and Nishioka all got wrecked. Rigo would be another victim. His southpaw stance and donaire's left hook is a recipe for a highlight reel KO.

Comment

• Bump. And I picked Donaire, I'd have it about 65-35 in his favour. It's well within Donaire's powers to win this legitimately (and a counter left over Rigo's paw-jab is perhaps the favourite, followed closely by him being longer and more active), but in the case of a close fight, which I think I'm right in saying is a hell of a lot more likely than in most other fights, Donaire will probably get the benefit of the doubt with the judges, him being popular and all. Rigo will have to win by KO/TKO or a clean 8-4 to pull out the W.

Disclaimer: I am a fan of Donaire but I tell it like it is.

Comment

• rigo is a glass chinned bum

Comment

• I like Donaire's chances against Rigo. Especially if he fight like he did against Nishioka. He did not force the KO and pick his spots. I like that he's able to read his opponents and adjust. A skilled and intelligent fighter.

Comment

• Im really concerned about Rigos chin. Rocked by a few jabs. Donaire would get to him IMO

Comment

• http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=569108

Comment

• I'd favor Donaire in the matchup, too bad he is doing his best Floyd impression and ducking like crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral View Post
                      rigo is a glass chinned bum
                      I don't know bout Rigo being a Bum but he does have a glass chin waiting to be exposed, I'd be happy to see Donaire do it!

Comment

Working...
                      X