Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali is going to duck Haye, its already begun!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali is going to duck Haye, its already begun!!!!

Boente: "If you want Vitali, fight Chisora".

Haye beats Chisora

Boente: "Haye means nothing to us. Vitali will fight Charr instead".

Klitschko Manager Cools Talk of Haye Showdown

Vitali Klitschko is unlikely to face David Haye due to his political commitments, according to the Ukrainian's manager Bernd Boente.

Haye flattened Dereck Chisora inside five rounds at Upton Park last night and later declared his explosive performance has ensured Klitschko will avoid him.
    Boente mocked the suggestion the WBC world heavyweight champion, who faces Manuel Charr in Moscow on September 8, is running scared.

And while he insisted Klitschko's priorities lie elsewhere, he refused to close the door on a showdown with Haye completely.

"We offered Haye the fight September but he chose to fight Chisora instead because that was easier for him," Boente said.
    "David probably turned Vitali down because he got more money against Chisora, who is by far the easier opponent.

"We had a contract ready for Haye, had booked an arena, but he turned us down for a second time - the first time he chose to face Nikolay Valuev instead.

"After fighting Manuel Charr, Vitali goes on the campaign trail for parliamentary election in the Ukraine. He's the leader for the opposition, UDAR.

"Should he be elected on October 28 then he will probably stop boxing. For him politics is the future - he wants to fight for democracy.

"But even if he's elected, maybe he'll want to have a farewell fight.

"At the moment David Haye means nothing to us and Vitali is definitely not afraid of fighting him."

Neither Vitali nor Wladimir Klitschko watched Haye's victory over Chisora as they were in their home town of Kiev where the fight was not broadcast.

Boente was unimpressed, however, and claimed Chisora's performance was worse than when he lost to Vitali in Munich in February.

"I was more disappointed by Chisora's poor display. He was out of shape and looked in better shape against Vitali," he said.

"Saying his performance against Chisora was too good, that Vitali won't want to fight, was typical Haye.

"He has a big mouth and is like a little dog that yaps.

"We all know the calibre of fighter Vitali has fought in the past, including Lennox Lewis. I'm sure he's not impressed by that performance.

"Chisora fought a stupid fight and was completely open. Vitali would also have knocked out Chisora had he not suffered that injury in the third round.

"He fought Chisora with only his right arm, he could not use his left arm any more."
    Vitali vs Haye
    94.74%
    Vitali vs Charr
    5.26%

Vitali is 41, he's about to sign off. It's up to him really.

Comment

Boente is a despicable human being. Stop making excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        you don't like Haye, we get it

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
          Boente is a despicable human being. Stop making excuses!
          What's sad is both were keen to make the fight happen.

Comment

TS I selected Vitali vs Haye but silly thread title Vitali won't duck Haye don't kid yourself

Comment

I'd love to see Haye fight Povetkin and take that title away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Yep Haye would beat up Povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  LOL at Povetkin fighting anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    quite right, he can choose to end his career with a bang or with a duck and a whimper ...

Comment

Working...
                    X