Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao or Mayweather: Whose Name Comes First on the Poster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao or Mayweather: Whose Name Comes First on the Poster?

After discussing with my colleagues the subject of whose name should come first on the fight poster of the only super mega fight that the world is buzzing about, Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Jr, I came up with a few possible solutions:

First off traditionally in boxing the current champion’s name tends to come first on a fight poster and the champion tends to be positioned on the left side as well with the challenger’s name coming below and the challenger’s image on the right side of the poster.

So if we were to go with that tradition, then it should be Pacquiao’s name above Mayweather's, and Manny’s face on the left side with Floyd’s on the right, seeing that their fight seems to be for Manny’s newly acquired 147 WBO belt.

However more recently when you have a super star diva like Oscar De La Hoya, his name tends to always be on top and he always is on the left side no matter what as in the case with both of his fights with Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather.

So who would be the bigger diva between Manny and Floyd? It would be safe to say it would probably be Floyd so based on the super star diva theory Mayweather should be on top and his face should be on the left side.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...rst-on-poster#

Pacquiao Id say cos hes champion

Comment

pacquiao vs mayweather

Comment

Pacman becuase he the champ!

Comment

the tend to put the star attraction first. so it will be pacquiao.

Comment

I recall reading on article on ESPN that already stated that the fight will be promoted as Mayweather - Pacquiao.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4715684

"For promotional purposes, the bout will be referred to as Mayweather-Pacquiao, but Top Rank will receive first billing over Golden Boy throughout the promotion."

I could care less how it will be promoted, just glad that its finally happening.
            Last edited by p4p-champ; 12-08-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

pac is the A side, floyd is the B side.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
                  I recall reading on article on ESPN that already stated that the fight will be promoted as Mayweather - Pacquiao.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4715684

"For promotional purposes, the bout will be referred to as Mayweather-Pacquiao, but Top Rank will receive first billing over Golden Boy throughout the promotion."

I could care less how it will be promoted, just glad that its finally happening.
                  ya, I saw this and was going to post it as well.

Comment

I feel Floyd is the A-Side, obviously, but I guess Pac being first makes sense simply because Floyd took an exile, and Pac has had more fights in the past year. Fair is fair.

Comment

Working...
                    X