Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most important criteria for scoring a fight to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you're a 'pure' counter puncher or boxer against a strong fighter like tyson or cotto, you will need to move around or let the pace be written by the opponent for a big part, in which u keep reacting to your opponent's choices. so then if u talk of ring generalship and such, u can't just blatantly say that if you're a pure counter puncher following ur opponents' lead.

i think an example might be toney-jirov off the top of my head, not sure though, u can correct me if i'm wrong.

Comment

all the criterias are equally important.

most ppl dont know first thing about scoring a fight though.. cant tell effective aggression from plain aggression, dont understand the meaning of ring generalship and dont give enough credit for defence. alot of ppl cant even tell a landed punch from a missed one.

they basicly just watch whos throwing more punches which is BS. if a fighter makes their oponent miss that counts for something.

i mean most ppl dont even know thats a criteria. watch my page and see baracuda trying to tell me defence doesnt score points, he calls himself a boxing fan but doesnt know jack **** about the sport.

and the same thing goes for alot of ppl.

Comment

The more aggressive fighter pushing forward througout the fight, outworking their oponent, landing the bigger cleaner shots...

Comment

I'd say it's effective aggression. A guy can still win honestly without necessarily scoring the cleanest blows. It's about who's blows are more effective.

Comment

To me it's ring generalship

Comment

Punch landed..........

Comment

effective aggression

Comment

Working...
                X