No announcement yet.

Anybody here have pitbulls?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here have pitbulls?

Just got a new pitbull, blue nose, 3 weeks old his name is Neto . Very cute (shall post pics soon) and a little hyper fella, I just don't have much experience with pitbulls as this is my first pit I've owned. Anybody can give me any pointers on how to raise them well? Tips or shared experiences are much appreciated my boxingscene brethren.

Treat him like any other dog its the owners not the dogs that make pits aggresive.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
      Treat him like any other dog its the owners not the dogs that make pits aggresive.
      Right on. I think society has casted an unfair stigma against pit bulls, everybody who I tell I have a pit bull automatically tells me to be careful and what not. I know a lot of pit owners and they all say they're great dogs, I think people are just ignorant towards that breed ya feel me Mark.

Comment

why did you choose a pitbull?

Comment

We've had pitbulls all our lives except on one occasion where we got a dalmatian but I was like 5 or 6 years old at the time so I don't have much memory's of him.

Take him at a vet I think it's 2-4 months old so he can get his deworming done. Don't keep him on grass for very long cause that's where he can pick up worms or get sick.

When hes about 2 months old, get one of these, it's very crucial.

Plastic toys that squeak are alright until he gets more older and will shred them so no point in wasting money on em.

The knobs are important cause they're tough. They'll last a while and the dog will be on it all day. Plus you can play around with him by pulling the other end while hes biting the opposite.

Feed him puppy food. Since he's really young, put a bit of water in the food. Don't feed him any bones, chicken, or anything like that yet. Once you do that it's hard to make them eat their dog food again. Let him be about 2 months old then you can give him cookies and things like that but not often.

This is some of the stuff we've done. We bought a new pit last summer, he's 1yr old now and in great shape.

Comment

Are you gonna put a big ass ****e chain on him and walk him around to show how cool you are?

Comment

I had my first pit for about 14 years, emotional as hell putting her down, she got old and sick, had to let her go..

They're very loyal dogs loyal to the children they see every day and extremely loyal to the owner that handles them the most, they're very curious dogs and will go through all your shlt if you don't watch them carefully..get them plenty of chew toys and old soccer/basketballs, they need decent space to wander otherwise they'll look for ways to get out if left there too long...they need plenty of exercise..it's never too much for a pit to take them for a good run or a nice long walk..a few times a week atleast..

any other questions feel free to ask bro, that's pretty much the basics for ya..good luck and take care of it, they're beautiful dogs..

Comment

When he gets bigger, be careful leaving him around little kids. The dogs usually like running up to the kids and knocking em down to lick em.

While the dog is trying to play, he may unintentionally hurt a child by knocking em down to the floor so be careful with that.

That's what our little guy did to our neighbors 5yr old daughter. We're glad she was knocked on to grass and not cement cause she would of gotten fisted at that point.

If you keep him in the kitchen and have wooden chairs. Be careful cause they like biting and will start chewing on the chairs. We let our pup chew on the chairs we had cause we were getting new ones anyways so it didn't matter.

Feed him and give him water every day. When they're little they piss and **** randomly but when they get older you will notice when he wants to pee or anything. Usually they look at you a lot or will sit by the door trying to tell you to take him outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Are you gonna put a big ass ****e chain on him and walk him around to show how cool you are?
                  How about this?

Comment

Originally posted by dj Marroqui View Post
                    How about this?
                    No i was thinking one of those

or these

Comment

Working...
                    X