Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glen Johnson: Ex-Wife's Taunts Inspired My Rejuvenation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glen Johnson: Ex-Wife's Taunts Inspired My Rejuvenation

THE mocking taunts of his former wife are driving Glen Johnson towards his goal of becoming undisputed world super-middleweight champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wow Johnson used to be fat. I remember reading Cotto used to be fat also.

Comment

"I don't drink, party, smoke, or do drugs."

This also what Hopkins says, and then you look at Hopkins and Johnson, and you see them giving guys 10-20 years younger than them hell. Why don't more people/athletes/fighters follow this life style?

Is it really that hard to stay away from drugs, alcohol, and smoking?

At age 21[i'm 22 now] I decided to stop drinking, and i'm never gonna do drugs, and I have only smoked cigars for a little time when I was 16. Overall i'm clean, and guys like Hopkins and Johnson should inspire more people to live a clean life. I certainly want to feel like i'm in my 30s when i'm really 50.

Hopkins and Johnson are one of the most underrated role models in the sport of boxing. I Also heard Mayweather does not drink or do any of that either, he supposedly drinks water at clubs.

Comment

Johnsons wife is aiiightt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

This also what Hopkins says, and then you look at Hopkins and Johnson, and you see them giving guys 10-20 years younger than them hell. Why don't more people/athletes/fighters follow this life style?

At age 21[i'm 22 now] I decided to stop drinking, and i'm never gonna do drugs, and I have only smoked cigars for a little time when I was 16. Overall i'm clean, and guys like Hopkins and Johnson should inspire more people to live a clean life. I certainly want to feel like i'm in my 30s when i'm really 50.

Hopkins and Johnson are one of the most underrated role models in the sport of boxing. I Also heard Mayweather does not drink or do any of that either, he supposedly drinks water at clubs.
          im with ya my friend, im 32 and will be 33 this month and i have always been active and athletic. played 4 sports growing up and even baseball in prospect leagues of professional teams. however, today, im in phenomenal shape, actually better shape because i have cut out all alcohol aside from a beer about once a month. clean diet and natural if not organic and i have gone down from 180 to 164 lbs..

my motivation has been bernard because he is truly a student of everything in life....diet, nutrition, athletics, exercise and boxing. also, he is a student of redeeming his life from his early mistakes which ended him in prison.

everyone makes mistakes, its how you overcome them and become better which is important.

the fact that glen is 42 and runs 5 miles at 7 minutes is just ridiculous

i have him beating froch, in fact i think he stops him...

that right hand will land too much over froches low left and slow lumbering feet and defense..

Comment

Johnson is a real man, a straight beast...he will shock Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

supposedly Floyd does not drink or smoke. I know he is a night owl, he get's up late in the afternoon, 2 or 3pm and often trains late at night, 11-12pm or even later. A reporter once wrote that he was catching a red eye flight out of Vegas to the East Coast in the early hours of the morning......on the ride to the airport he noticed a man running the streets, it was Mayweather. When you think about it this is a good strategy as his body adjusts to the time, it knows 11-12pm is time to work......so Floyd is training at the same time as his fights are....late evening.

Floyds problem is junk food, though judging from the 24/7's and interviews he gives he is trying very hard to eat healthier (hiring a personal chef) etc.

It def seems living clean increases the longevity of your career.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Johnson is a real man, a straight beast...he will shock Froch.

i think he can win too. Froch really has no inside game, so if Glen can get inside and impose his style he should have a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
                  im with ya my friend, im 32 and will be 33 this month and i have always been active and athletic. played 4 sports growing up and even baseball in prospect leagues of professional teams. however, today, im in phenomenal shape, actually better shape because i have cut out all alcohol aside from a beer about once a month. clean diet and natural if not organic and i have gone down from 180 to 164 lbs..

my motivation has been bernard because he is truly a student of everything in life....diet, nutrition, athletics, exercise and boxing. also, he is a student of redeeming his life from his early mistakes which ended him in prison.

everyone makes mistakes, its how you overcome them and become better which is important.

the fact that glen is 42 and runs 5 miles at 7 minutes is just ridiculous

i have him beating froch, in fact i think he stops him...

that right hand will land too much over froches low left and slow lumbering feet and defense..

i stick with quality beer and red wine when drinking. Far less damaging, and in moderation (one glass of either a day) is actually good for you, particularly the red wine.....but as soon as you go above and beyond a standard drink (or two) a day you get no benefit and the damaging aspects begin.

Comment

5 miles at 7 minutes per is impressive at any age let alone at Glen's age. I can't tell you how many young athletes I train that think they're in shape when they come to me and barely run a sub 8 minute mile. Props to Glen for being smart and for all his dedication.

Comment

Working...
                    X