Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, so only 42k showed up for Pac/Marg? 51k showed up for Pac/Clotey I dont get it.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, so only 42k showed up for Pac/Marg? 51k showed up for Pac/Clotey I dont get it.

That is verrrrrrry shocking tbh.

I mean both Pac and Marg have a huge following in Texas. It doesn't make sense. Hell they even had (rofl) nelly perform.

I knew something was up when none of the announcer even mentioned once how many people were in the stands.

Maybe it has to do with the Cowboys losing season. Manny has more wins in Dallas Stadium this year than the team itself.

Maybe the fight only did like 700k ppv who knows.

Props to Pac for actually going toe to toe with Marg.

It has a lot to do with the fact that the Cowboys are now in mid-season. Some fans had to choose between todays game and a cheap Pacquiao ticket. For Cowboy fans, that's not even a decision.

Also, it's coming up nearing Christmas time, simply less money to throw around in general.

Regardless, I think these PPV numbers will be above the Clottey fight. Around the 1 million mark. A little less wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
      It has a lot to do with the fact that the Cowboys are now in mid-season. Some fans had to choose between todays game and a cheap Pacquiao ticket. For Cowboy fans, that's not even a decision.

Also, it's coming up nearing Christmas time, simply less money to throw around in general.

Regardless, I think these PPV numbers will be above the Clottey fight. Around the 1 million mark. A little less wouldn't surprise me.
      todays game was away.

christmas season i could understand that.

Comment

they said they had sold 41K+ by Friday, but they didn't know what the gate would actually be. that's what i read anyway

Comment

See? That's because he doesn't have Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
            todays game was away.

I stand corrected. Nonetheless, the season itself is still in play. Cowboys would rather watch their team most likely lose than watch an expensive ass fight or have really cheap seats.

Comment

Yea I was surprised by that to. Maybe the clottey #'s were exaggerated? Who knows but definitely weird especially after they were saying the buys had beat expectations and would break the record of 60k +. Wondering what the ppv buys are.

Comment

wow. isn't AM more popular than JC?

Comment

I'm sure the Clottey fight being the first boxing match at Cowboy Stadium helped those numbers. Had Pacquiao/Margarito been the first one it probably would have done the same. 42K is nothing to scoff at.

Comment

9K thought the Pac/Clottey fight was boring and didn't want to waste their money again? They certainly wouldn't have wasted it this time, but how would they have known that. Pacquiao/Margarito sounded a lot worse than it was.

Comment

Working...
                    X