No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Andre Dirrell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    You don't understand how special Dirrell is. It would probably be Ward's toughest fight.
    Maybe. I have zero doubt Ward wins though. Dirrell reacts badly to pressure. No one today pressures like Ward. That simple.

Comment

If they were to fight, Dirrell would need a few fights first.

Comment

Ditto to what everyone has said - Dirrel has the physical skills to win but not the mentality.

Ward has to much experience to lose to a guy so meantally weak. I dont think Wward stops him though. Dirrel may look for a way out but I cant see him getting knocked out. People are over rating Wards power. He has never hurt a world class fighter apart from a badly weight drained Dawson.

Comment

Ward would crush either Dirrel brother

It docent matter have fast he can punch Ward will find a way and when he dos he will break him like have done to every single opponent he has faced since age 12
          Last edited by 110110110; 09-11-2012, 09:17 AM.

Comment

dirrell at any time could badly hurt ward with one punch, ward has no chance of hurting dirrell with one punch tho

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Maybe. I have zero doubt Ward wins though. Dirrell reacts badly to pressure. No one today pressures like Ward. That simple.
              your talking nonsense, dirrell has fought plenty of "all out pressure" guys, i dont know why he freaked out vs froch, im guessing they were just really worried about his power

dirrell isn't like dawson or kessler either with hands up and letting someone get in close occasionaly, he always looks to counter, ward likes to close the gap with a punch(be it a jab or cross) to fall into the inside, it works against boxers that have their guard up and aren't active counter-punchers, but when ward throws one of those jabs/crosses dirrell will quickly throw a counter straight left, leaving ward under dirrells armpit if he manages to avoid the punch, ward wont be allowed too much inside work vs dirrell

i am very confident dirrell would beat the crap outta ward, if he is the fighter he was before going on his hiatus, the little worry i have is non consequential and it is dirrells stamina in the championship rounds, still i can't see ward stopping dirrell

Comment

Originally posted by Defututus View Post
                dirrell at any time could badly hurt ward with one punch, ward has no chance of hurting dirrell with one punch tho
                LOL. Anyone can be hurt. Especially with a well timed, well placed shot.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                  LOL. Anyone can be hurt. Especially with a well timed, well placed shot.
                  uhh, durp a durp durp

anything can happen stupid, but we go by probability, there is a very small chance ward can hurt dirrell, esspecially with one punch

Comment

Dirrell does have the talent to beat ward imo but like dawson, doesn't have the mental or heart.

Comment

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                      If they were to fight, Dirrell would need a few fights first.
                      Well it would be dumb for Ward to fight Dirrell until Dirrell was highly thought of again, because that is the only way he gets any respect out of that fight.

Dirrell will never be a popular guy but if he takes care of business (if he is the same guy he should) it can be a very highly respected win.

Why touch that fight if Dirrell has no real respect, because even if Ward wins there is a good possibility it doesn't look good in the process, so why mess with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X