Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna's Return Being Discussed, Possibly on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Javier Fortuna's Return Being Discussed, Possibly on HBO

BoxingScene.com has been advised that WBA interim-featherweight champion Javier Fortuna (21-0, 15KOs) will return in the coming months, possibly on HBO.

Promoter Sampson Lewkowicz was trying to get Fortuna on the Sergio Martinez-Martin Murray card on April 27 in Argentina, but his plan to place Fortuna on that particular event fell through. [Click Here To Read More]

Fortuna can be explosive but I'm surprised hbo is showing interest in him after his last performance.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
      Fortuna can be explosive but I'm surprised hbo is showing interest in him after his last performance.
      Just put him in with someone who will actually punch back and we'll get a great fight.

Comment

Id like to see more of him. HBO will be a good move.

Comment

Russel vs fortuna make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
            It was a solid performance against an opponent who wasn't there to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              It was a solid performance against an opponent who wasn't there to win.
              thats right. Isnt Jfs fault

Comment

He seems talented but seemed to gas to me and he's opponent started fighting like in the last minute of the fight but that's not he's fault ofc.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                  He seems talented but seemed to gas to me and he's opponent started fighting like in the last minute of the fight but that's not he's fault ofc.
                  Gas? Nah...don't really think that's his case. I've seen quite a few fights where he has gone the distance with no issue at all. There is, however, one thing that I notice about him and that's that when he explodes on his opponent and realizes his opponent can take his power he seems like he gets a little discouraged. I don't know maybe it's just me but that's what I see. Also, he needs to be careful and not punch himself drunk and, perhaps, that's why at times he seems like he is gasing out....he spents to much energy trying to knockout his opponent by brute force. He needs to be patient and fight smart and STOP getting wild because eventually he will pay for that.

Anyhow, but yes if he is going to be on HBO again I would like to seem with someone who will test him so we can see what he is made of.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                    Russel vs fortuna make it happen
                    I don't know that I like this matchup for Fortuna. I kind of feel like maybe he is not ready but then I again that's how I felt when he was going up against Yandale Evans and we all know what happened there. So, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X