Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Chances of Daniel Day Lewis winning?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Chances of Daniel Day Lewis winning?

will Phoenix take the Oscar instead?

Very high, he's the fav i think

Comment

i expect him to win, i haven't even seen Lincoln yet. just based on the rave reviews i keep hearing and reading.

Comment

He's swept all the other major awards, so yes he's pretty much a lock. Going to be the first person to have won 3 Oscars for Best Actor in a Leading Role.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          He's swept all the other major awards, so yes he's pretty much a lock. Going to be the first person to have won 3 Oscars for Best Actor in a Leading Role.

I'd be absolutely shocked if he didn't win.
          if Washington wins won't he have the same distinction? or does he only have one lead actor win? i know he has a supporting actor Oscar or possibly two even.

Comment

he already has two so dont be surprised if he doesnt win it again...

ever.

if you guys dont know by now, the proper winners get shafted every year at the oscars.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              he already has two so dont be surprised if he doesnt win it again...

ever.

if you guys dont know by now, the proper winners get shafted every year at the oscars.
              yeah man. i just looked up D Washinton's Oscar noms and wins. he appears to have gotten shafted a couple of times at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Bombadil View Post
                if Washington wins won't he have the same distinction? or does he only have one lead actor win? i know he has a supporting actor Oscar or possibly two even.
                Denzel has two, one for Best Actor (Training Day) and one for Supporting Actor (Glory). His statue for Training Day was more or less compensation for not awarding him for The Hurricane or Malcolm X; two performances more worthy of wins. Typical Academy Award politics, "he/she hasn't earned it yet."

Comment

Can't be any worse than Django Unchained's chances for best picture

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Denzel has two, one for Best Actor (Training Day) and one for Supporting Actor (Glory). His statue for Training Day was more or less compensation for not awarding him for The Hurricane or Malcolm X; two performances more worthy of wins. Typical Academy Award politics, "he/she hasn't earned it yet."
                    he lost to Tom Hanks once. who else? do you remember by chance?

Comment

Working...
                    X