Comments Thread For: Photos: Adrien Broner Steps To Gavin Rees at Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    the **** are you on about?

broner fought the guy considered by most to be the best 135lber in the world in his first fight at the weight and beat him so badly the #2 guy refused to fight him. burns and vasquez are fighting eachother so who else should broner fight? burns turned him down.

im not saying rees is a great fight, but hes a former world champion with just one defeat, stop acting as if hes some tomato can. if he has no chance its because broner is terrific, not that rees is garbage. rees is a solid fighter.

most importantly what the **** does 140 have to do with anything? you know someone is a hater when they are talking about fighters who isnt even in the same division as the guy they are bashing. broner had one fight at 135, one! and you fools start talking about 140. you are reaching to find fighters to say hes ducking and its so blatant.

broner doesnt ever have to move to 140, he could stay at 135 and build a legacy as one of the most dominant lightweights. if and when he moves up whoever is at 140 becomes relevant, at that point you can say ask for him to fight those guys. but you cant talk as if hes ducking ppl by not moving up, all you can expect from a fighter is that he fights the best at his weight. a subject i already adressed.
    hahaha, one of the dominant lightweights? not hard when there aren't even any b level fighters at lightweight. De marco was the number 1 fighter at lightweight which tells you everyting you need to know about the lightweight divison in a nutshell seeing as though he is an average fighter, linares was giving him a boxing lesson. If Broner really wants to be considered one of the best he simply HAS to step up and fight those guys at 140.

I'm not being a hater, i'm being real, if Broner steps up and faces those guys, even if he loses i'll give him props, but you and I both know he won't to preserve his '0' and btw you may think im a hater but you claiming rees ISN'T a tomato can and a solid fighter is really making you sound like a di*k rider. If you know boxing you know rees shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a ring with Broner in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
      I wish there was a video. Rees looks like he wants no part of Broner. If it was me, I'd be in Broners face.
      Sure you would. Im sure Rees a 40 fight pro former world champion is more intimidated than you would be...

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
        135 is a graveyard compared to 140, if he's really looking to be the next P4P star, staying at 135 is like taking 10 steps back.
        not really. he just came into the 135lb division.broners a great fighter wether you like his personality or not.

Comment

Isn't Rees like 5'2"? This will be a slaughter.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
            hahaha, one of the dominant lightweights? not hard when there aren't even any b level fighters at lightweight. De marco was the number 1 fighter at lightweight which tells you everyting you need to know about the lightweight divison in a nutshell seeing as though he is an average fighter, linares was giving him a boxing lesson. If Broner really wants to be considered one of the best he simply HAS to step up and fight those guys at 140.

I'm not being a hater, i'm being real, if Broner steps up and faces those guys, even if he loses i'll give him props, but you and I both know he won't to preserve his '0' and btw you may think im a hater but you claiming rees ISN'T a tomato can and a solid fighter is really making you sound like a di*k rider. If you know boxing you know rees shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a ring with Broner in it.
            135 is one of the weakest divisions, but there are some pretty good fighters there that Broner should fight. No reason for him to rush into a stacked division if he doesn't need to.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              I wish there was a video. Rees looks like he wants no part of Broner. If it was me, I'd be in Broners face.
              oh I bet you would be

Comment

What's he 'stepping to' a complete no-hoper like Rees for? If the huge gulf in ability wasn't enough, Adrien has a 7 inch reach advantage over the guy. At lightweight. Trash talking him is a bit ridiculous.

Comment

very cool pics.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
                    this is why i support fighters like Khan and not Broner. He might get knocked out but he fights the best. At 23 Khan was fighting guys like malinaggi and maidana...gavin rees has ZERO chance of winning. You can also bet everything you got that Broner doesn't step up to 140 until Khan, Garcia and Matthyse move up so he can take over that division fighting nobodys.
                    Are you serious? Malignaggi and Maidana are both B level fighters at best. Their one trick ponies that will never be better than gate keepers. Khan has gotten beat or worse every time he has faced a real challenge.
                    Broner has just moved up to a heavier division and now all of a sudden the division is crap. I'm not willing to endorse the Broner hype myself but damn give him some time.

Comment

good luck to gavin rees........

Comment

Working...
                      X