Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Confident: I'm Going To Take Alexander Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrokenHat View Post
    You fail to see how a fighter in a higher weight class might hit harder than a fighter from a lower weight class? Yes I'm sure heavyweights and flyweights hit with the exact same power. Anyway, off to bed.
    I fail to see that the reason Brook hits harder than Mattysse is because he fights at WW. Does Bradley his harder than Mattysse? How about Paulie? Mayweather? They're all heavier than Mattysse so they must hit harder than him according to your logic.

Comment

Alexander is "the great"

Alexander deserves waaay more credit then he gets. Not one person in all of boxing has had a harder 5 fight stretch of opponents. Most of the top guys at 140 and 147 have taken viscous beatings or at least clear losses. Alexanders close wins were not highway robberies like some claim. He was fortunate to have judges that scored favorably for his style. For instance, compubox showed that he clearly outworked Kotelnik. Expectations were high and a close win was not good enough after knocking out Urango.

The Bradley fight if not for the headbutts was a close fight that could have heated up. Don't take my word, but listen to the late great Emanuel Stewart say that this is a very close fight that's going back and forth like we expected. Check youtube, he said that right until the end.

I am sure that Alexander and his team would like to be a part of fights that are more entertaining, but the level of competition just simply has not allowed that every time. The Maidana fight was a fantastic fight because Maidana was on the attack and opened up. The Bailey fight stunk because of Bailey's record breaking low output combined with an off the chart ability to inflict damage with either hand.

Now here is a question.

Who has looked great against Bradley, Matthysse, or Bailey and won? It's rhetorical.

Brook will be outclassed by an athlete that has never been dominated as a pro and that is becoming increasingly hungry due to the lack of respect he's getting for his wins.

Alexander by KO in 7

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        I think Alexander is going to win a UD over Brook.
        +1

I think he's going to win it outright as I think Brook's still learning, but even if it's close with Brook doing better Alexander will still get the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          US = Alexander's backyard

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          St. Louis is his backyard, where he would have a crowd of 10k cheering him on.

They'll be lucky to get 3k for this fight in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles 2.0 View Post
            Alexander deserves waaay more credit then he gets.

Alexander by KO in 7
            lolno, he sucks and nobody cares about him and his boring style.
            Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            St. Louis is his backyard, where he would have a crowd of 10k cheering him on.
            lolno

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              lolno
              Go look up how many people where in attendance for the Kotelnik fight. Then get back to me.

Comment

Working...
              X