Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Richard Abril is Alllowed To Retain WBA's Interim Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Richard Abril is Alllowed To Retain WBA's Interim Title

BoxingScene.com caught up to Richard Abril (17-3-1, 8KOs) and his trainer Osmiri Fernandez shortly after his controversial twelve round split decision loss to Brandon Rios (30-0, 22KOs) at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good for him..even the WBA knows he won they feel sorry for the man

Comment

Gesta vs. Abril is a good test for Gesta. Will Arum make that fight? LMAO lets get real!

Comment

Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
        Gesta vs. Abril is a good test for Gesta. Will Arum make that fight? LMAO lets get real!
        its not a good test at all. gesta cant win that fight.

Comment

Damn going straight for another title shot with no tune ups?

You know what? Given how low profile Abril is/was and his level of opposition in his low number of fights you can't help it but respect the guy. His opposition is better than a lot of guys with 25-30+ fights. Acosta who he beat then Lundy, Prescott, and Rios who he arguably beat.

Do you know how dominant Abril would be if he had some power in his punches?

Comment

DeMarco vs Abril. Hell yea bring it on

Comment

rios fought like **** and proved to me that he has limited style and yes i lost respect for him but everyone is making Abril out to be good, he fukin sucks and is not exciting at all. Neither is Gesta.

Comment

He should be allowed to add another notch in the win column on his record too......

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                  BoxingScene.com caught up to Richard Abril (17-3-1, 8KOs) and his trainer Osmiri Fernandez shortly after his controversial twelve round split decision loss to Brandon Rios (30-0, 22KOs) at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]
                  I must say that this was a fight which had nothing really to commend it. I've seen Rios before, and nothing he did was anything out of the ordinary. Some of the rounds were very close, but Abril deserved the win. Correctly, the title wasn't at stake, since it was an overweight fight.

To sum up the whole night, the main events were not worth the money. I don't know why all the publicity for Rios recently has made him out to be a superman-mainly just mouth and shout. It was a very ordinary fight, but so was the Marquez fight. He was missing badly in the early rounds, with right hands and left hooks, but he made up for it later.

Comment

Abril is a spoiler

Put he and Jr together if they were they same size and they would shoulder roll each other and bore me to death

Pot shot and grab

YOU LIKE THAT ?

WHY?

back in 8 hours

Comment

Working...
                    X