Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calmdown View Post
    bute is the real deal, haters can sit down

slick fighter and the best smw atm.
    How can he possibly be the best SMW with the resume he has?

Glen Johnson will be his toughest fight and no disrespect to Glen he is a warrior but he is 42 with 15 losses.

He has been making title defences against journeymen like Brian Magee who Froch K.Oed 5years ago when he was still up and coming fighting at domestic level.

I really think his lack of quality opponents will hurt him when he steps up against the likes of Froch, Ward and Kessler and Glen Johnson is a live underdog in this fight i wouldn’t rule out a Johnson K.O.

As of right now Bute is arguably the 3rd beat SMW tops.

Comment

He's a 1 trick pony. He looks average at best and then lands an uppercut to either the head or the body. His counter upper is probably p4p the hardest punch in the sport right now.. it can go either down or upstairs and completely finish the fight...

But until that point, he doesn't look all that great. He gets touched a lot.. he does more feinting and posing than committing half the time and this I know for a fact is something he didn't always do. It's like hes become more and more reliant in his power and forgotten all of the tools that got him to where he is. He seriously just looks average until he can squeeze that counter punch in these days.

Against southpaws (fighters who mirror his power hand) he looks even less as impressive because the uppercut is then neutralized by 50% and the openings are fewer.

Because Glen squares up and falls forward, He will be just another victim. But I also can definitely see Glen staying close enough to bute to where his best shots are smothered. This fight is either incredibly easy thanks to Glen being tailor made for a counter upper, or incredible hard based on Glens pressure possibly smothering it and never letting bute get it off.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
        How can he possibly be the best SMW with the resume he has?

Glen Johnson will be his toughest fight and no disrespect to Glen he is a warrior but he is 42 with 15 losses.

Exactly. You can't rank Bute as the best with that crap resume of his, I'd personally put someone like Carl Froch above him since he's fought way better opponents.

Not to mention that Froch already beat the Glen Johnson that Bute is fighting next.

Comment

Working...
        X