• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canelo's attempt was funny too

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Guerrero-Broner would be a toss up.

Guerrero has now solidified that he has god size and strength at 147, with that in mind he might even be a slight favourite. Guerrero can box and as he showed last night, he can get in close, rough you up and win a brawl.
      Yeah I was really shocked at how Guerrero was the one bullying Berto upfront controlling the tempo like he did especially since he did come up two weight divisions to WW.
      Still hope for Ricky Burns to get a chance to fight Broner I don't think he would win it but I think he'd give a better showing of himself than DeMarco (think).

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
        Yeah I was really shocked at how Guerrero was the one bullying Berto upfront controlling the tempo like he did especially since he did come up two weight divisions to WW.
        Still hope for Ricky Burns to get a chance to fight Broner I don't think he would win it but I think he'd give a better showing of himself than DeMarco (think).
        Same.

When Ortiz bullied Berto in close I wasn't surprised, seing as Ortiz is a tank at the weight. However, Berto was the heavier man last night and naturally the much bigger man, to see Guerrero push him around in the clinches and basically dominate him physically was a surprise. He was fighting at 126 as little as 4 years ago.

I don't see Broner losing to anyone from 130-140 unless he meets Gamboa, the boy is a bit special. Ricky has become a very good fighter, but I don't see anything other than a Broner W.

Comment

I don't know if any one mentioned this but berto did the shoulder roll against a left handed fighter. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            I don't know if any one mentioned this but berto did the shoulder roll against a left handed fighter. LOL
            Yep good point not the best idea to try and implement a tactic you're totally unfamiliar with against a very good southpaw especially when you know southpaws and orthodox fighters have a tendency to head clashing.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Berto did it last night, Alvarez has done it, a few others recently have done it. They all look moronic, and get hit more than they would if they just kept both gloves in front of their face. Do they really think its as simple as adopting that stance, and their defense will be better?

Think I might try it and have an impregnable defence!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                Same.

When Ortiz bullied Berto in close I wasn't surprised, seing as Ortiz is a tank at the weight. However, Berto was the heavier man last night and naturally the much bigger man, to see Guerrero push him around in the clinches and basically dominate him physically was a surprise. He was fighting at 126 as little as 4 years ago.

I don't see Broner losing to anyone from 130-140 unless he meets Gamboa, the boy is a bit special. Ricky has become a very good fighter, but I don't see anything other than a Broner W.
                I don't fully agree on that I reckon there is a few names in 140 that could very well cause him alot of problems Lucass Matthysse for one I really want to see Broner get in the ring with him plus you can't knock guys like Danny Garcia, theirs only one or two more fights for him at 135 now.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                  Berto looked flat out stupid trying to copy Floyd.....dude looked like he had no arms lol

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    I don't fully agree on that I reckon there is a few names in 140 that could very well cause him alot of problems Lucass Matthysse for one I really want to see Broner get in the ring with him plus you can't knock guys like Danny Garcia, theirs only one or two more fights for him at 135 now.
                    I'm a big fan of Matthysse, he's a beast. I'm more sold on Broner's skill though, I tend to favour skill and Broner has a tremendous amount of it. Guys like Judah and Alexander had very close fights with Matthysse, if Broner's chin is solid, I'd pick him to win a wide UD - he'd be the only guy at 140 I'd pick over Matthysse though.

As for Garcia, I'm not sold. He's stopped an old Morales twice (the first one being close) and a chin of glass Amir Khan. I'll wait for him to beat a good fighter with a good chin first.

Comment

nobody still made a gif of maidana shoulder rolling off the ropes.

Comment

Working...
                      X