• Show
Clear All

No need for the hate in this thread.

Everyone is enititled to their opinion.

Comment

I just voted a short time ago.

In the end I voted for Labor.

Comment

Just did my good citizen bit too, back to being a parasitic cancer... man i love election day, being part of the democratic process scratches my itch nicely.. there is nothing like the boner you get from numbering those boxes am i right guys?

Comment

I voted Labour as well in the end.
          I was going to vote Liberal for the first time until they released their National Broadband Policy. Anyone who knows anything about IT knows they have no idea what they are doing.
          Didn't vote greens in the senate because I don't agree with same sex marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
            I voted Labour as well in the end.
            I was going to vote Liberal for the first time until they released their National Broadband Policy. Anyone who knows anything about IT knows they have no idea what they are doing.
            It blows my mind to hear you say that about the Liberals when Labour is pushing so hard to control what people can access on the internet, and be there to peep over your shoulder when you do; personally I would much rather forego the national broadband network if thats what it takes to retain freedom of information for future generations of Australians, but different strokes I guess... anyone got some good stories from awkward encounters with polling staff yet? I once had a chick who crosses off names there say "have you voted in this erec- i mean, election yet today?" Maybe she looked into the future and saw my previous post

Comment

Originally posted by aldiansyah View Post
              It blows my mind to hear you say that about the Liberals when Labour is pushing so hard to control what people can access on the internet, and be there to peep over your shoulder when you do; personally I would much rather forego the national broadband network if thats what it takes to retain freedom of information for future generations of Australians, but different strokes I guess... anyone got some good stories from awkward encounters with polling staff yet? I once had a chick who crosses off names there say "have you voted in this erec- i mean, election yet today?" Maybe she looked into the future and saw my previous post
              Haha, no, this is my first time voting in a federal election but the lady who ticked off my name had a little trouble pulling off the green voting paper to give to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aldiansyah View Post
                Just did my good citizen bit too, back to being a parasitic cancer... man i love election day, being part of the democratic process scratches my itch nicely.. there is nothing like the boner you get from numbering those boxes am i right guys?
                Spot on.

I felt so smug knowing that I was contributing to the downfall of the candidates whose views conflict with my own. Back into the abyss of political oblivion they go...

I was at the polling booth for a while because I lost count of what number I was up to when doing my Senate preferences. I worked backwards to begin, starting with the parties I disagreed with the most. Then I went to my top preferences and did them, then I got lost somewhere in the middle...

A satisfying day nonetheless, all in all.

Comment

What I like to do is take in a list of people I don't like with me, and add extra boxes and names to wield my spiteful spear at and give them super low preferences for the senate. Mundine came in at 90th. He won't be chilling in one of those sweet Upper House seats any time soon... take *that*!

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses! View Post
                    Dan's reputation as a poster actually increased a notch in my book with that post.

Frankly, your rep has dropped dramatically, you ***** whipped slut.
                    I haven't lost all regard for Dan as I think he's probably a fellow I'd get along with no matter what our political views. I was disappointed by his comments, but so be it. Men like us can disagree.

As for you, I'm happy I stand low in your opinion. If BS posters were dog****, I'd be scraping you off my shoe. Again and again and again.

Comment

Has anyone ever heard the expression spoken to me as a kid - "never talk politics or religion". I have to laugh, this thread pretty much confirms that as a geniune fact. Sorry to hear the two front runners Corn Wallace and Dan are having a tiff, I'm sure you guys will be ploughing each other fairly soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X