No announcement yet.

The Joe Calzaghe deception: The night Hopkins was robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Joe Calzaghe deception: The night Hopkins was robbed

Don't shoot the messenger guys. I actually had Calzaghe winning the fight. But I wanted to see what you all think of this guy's claims. It's a very biased, 6-part YouTube set showing why/how Hopkins really won the fight. This guy is obviously obsessed, but also very passionate and makes some decent points.

Here's the first video. The other's can be found on YouTube. Take a look if you're EXTREMELY bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyz2cws8LBE

Joe Calslappy is the biggest Euro bum in boxing history.

Comment

You can edit youtube highlights to make anyone look like they won a fight.

Joe was fighting in Bernards house. Ciaz sr let Bernard do his usual bull**** all night, when he had broken Hatton off every time he tried to get some work in against Floyd a few months earlier.

Joe beat Bernard at his own game on his home turf. Anywhere else and it would have been a Calzaghe UD.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe adjusted to Hopkins awkward dirty style and won the last 8 rounds.

He clearly won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by niteshift View Post
          Don't shoot the messenger guys. I actually had Calzaghe winning the fight. But I wanted to see what you all think of this guy's claims. It's a very biased, 6-part YouTube set showing why/how Hopkins really won the fight. This guy is obviously obsessed, but also very passionate and makes some decent points.

Here's the first video. The other's can be found on YouTube. Take a look if you're EXTREMELY bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyz2cws8LBE
          Calzaghe is the most overrated boxer here in the UK. His career defining wins come over 3 overhill fighters in Lacey, Hopkins and Jones Jr. The Hopkins win was a piss take of a victory as demonstrated by the link and his final against Roy Jones was a joke.

Just one year earlier Calzaghe wrote in his book that he found Jones to be an over the hill fighter and past his best. He had got knocked out by 3 of his last 4 opponents (as far as I can remember).

Workrate is whats gets it done for him but that **** shouldnt even count if he's not connecting.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            Joe Calslappy is the biggest Euro bum in boxing history.
            What about Naseem Hamed?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
              What about Naseem Hamed?
              apologize, you idiot. Naz is a legend.

Naz had the heart to go to the US in the prime of his career. Calslappy didn't have the heart to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                You can edit youtube highlights to make anyone look like they won a fight.

Joe was fighting in Bernards house. Ciaz sr let Bernard do his usual bull**** all night, when he had broken Hatton off every time he tried to get some work in against Floyd a few months earlier.

Joe beat Bernard at his own game on his home turf. Anywhere else and it would have been a Calzaghe UD.
                This^^^^^^^^

B-hop didn't win that fight and was clearly beat.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                  apologize, you idiot. Naz is a legend.

Naz had the heart to go to the US in the prime of his career. Calslappy didn't have the heart to do it.
                  I know, I just made that post cause I knew it would make you angry.

Comment

Calzaghe won the fight, but barely. I don't want to watch some edited highlights as that says nothing about the actual fight.

On a RBR basis I had Calzaghe winning by 1 or 2 rounds (can't quite remember, but Hopkins looked the better boxer for sure. For some reason around the 8th round Hopkins looked like he was looking for a way out and calzaghe pretty much swept the board from that moment on.

Not sure if Calzaghe landed some body shots that hurt Bhop or not, but he seemed troubled when he went down for the "low blow".

Shame calzaghe didn't do more earlier in his career. He could have been beaten by Hopkins/RJJ/Toney but we'll never know seeing as Warren kept him in Europe fighting for the most part C fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X