Collapse
No announcement yet.

The humble Manny Pacquiao????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares if Manny Pacquiao is humble or arrogant? In the Philippines where he's a politician I imagine image is certainly an important consideration, but I'm not sure what on earth that has to do with what he does in the ring? I don't get some people, they want to obsess about what a fighter does and says outside of the ring, it's almost as if they care more about that stuff than the boxing itself.

I could care a less if Manny sleeps with ten prostitutes a night, or engages in c-o-c-k fighting, or any other thing. Who cares if Manny is humble, not me? If I were Manny I drop all pretense and be as arrogant as hell, but that's just me.....
    Last edited by Slip Stream; 01-15-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      You are reaching.
      Yep am reaching for his weed..

Comment

So what? What makes him humble is the way he treats others - after earning all those millions, he is still gracious to others and caring to a fault--with those who he knows and those who he doesn't.

Comment

If you put a lot of spin on his PR like Arum did, then he becomes 'humble'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
            Doesn't sound too humble

I forgot this one.

Has a team that is accusing another fighter with out proof of doping after sueing for being accused of doping with out proof.

Comment

The only ones who seem to have a problem with Pacquiao being called humble are those sensitive racist black power guys on youtube, they always have to compare other ethnicity to their own and say things like why is he humble but this black man ain't, its just another hate to the black man! they hate us! all that racial stuff, it gets tired and makes you want to tell them to grow balls and stop being sissies and crybabies always playing the race card.

There is one channel on youtube, dude has a spin on everything he hates on Donaire, Pacquiao and Canelo and now even Marquez, but he never criticizes black fighters ever and even made a video of how Jon Jones is hated because he is black.

Well if that is the case Pacquiao is hated because he isn't black by these guys. Another guy even said he doesn't care about those sandy hook kids who died because black kids dies everyday, wtf kinda pity me mentality is that? to me people who think like this are disgusting and should seek mental help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                He claimed it was a lucky punch, the interview was posted on here when Pacquiao landed in the phillipines... Go and check it out, so much for humble.
                I remember the article, and the person put that he said that in the thread title, but one of the Filipinos here said it was poorly translated. Unless he said it a different time.

Even then, so what? After the fight he was plenty gracious in defeat. He always has been. Again, no one is truly humble when they are as famous and great at what they do as Pacquiao, but compared to other fighters? He's nearly a saint professionally.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  So what? What makes him humble is the way he treats others - after earning all those millions, he is still gracious to others and caring to a fault--with those who he knows and those who he doesn't.
                  1having or showing a modest or low estimate of one’s importance:
                  I felt very humble when meeting her
                  (of an action or thought) offered with or affected by a modest estimate of one’s importance:
                  my humble apologies
                  2of low social, administrative, or political rank:
                  she came from a humble, unprivileged background
                  3(of a thing) of modest pretensions or dimensions:
                  he built the business empire from humble beginnings
                  You can be gracious and caring to others without being humble.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                    Who cares if Manny Pacquiao is humble or arrogant? In the Philippines where he's a politician I imagine image is certainly an important consideration, but I'm not sure what on earth that has to do with what he does in the ring? I don't get some people, they want to obsess about what a fighter does and says outside of the ring, it's almost as if they care more about that stuff than the boxing itself.

I could care a less if Manny sleeps with ten prostitutes a night, or engages in c-o-c-k fighting, or any other thing. Who cares if Manny is humble, not me? If I were Manny I drop all pretense and be as arrogant as hell, but that's just me.....
                    After years of trying to make excuses and covering of Pac has failed. The Pacturds then use the "Who cares if Manny Pacquiao is humble or arrogant? card.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I remember the article, and the person put that he said that in the thread title, but one of the Filipinos here said it was poorly translated. Unless he said it a different time.

Even then, so what? After the fight he was plenty gracious in defeat. He always has been. Again, no one is truly humble when they are as famous and great at what they do as Pacquiao, but compared to other fighters? He's nearly a saint professionally.
                      I don't care if he is a saint or not, I know he said it was a lucky punch in English not Tagalog or whatever, and he then claim "We shall rise again" so he just pretend as usual for the cameras after the fight, so don't give me that respect sheet.

Comment

Working...
                      X