No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto Still Very Much a Reality, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lac'em up View Post
    Please tell us how Cotto will be Canelos biggest threat! Canelo will wax cotto easy but I think enough is enough. People need to stop supporting this twuat and don't buy his fights. Step the Phuk up and fight the mandatory challengers. He talks a big talk saying he will supercede Chavez sr but he ain't doing nothing to even come close. Talk is cheap red head, time to take the diapers off and stop eating baby food!!
    The ginger's biggest threat at 154 lbs is martinez... martinez would smoke gingerboy... I don't see anyone beating martinez at 154 lbs, not even floyd roidweather

Comment

Originally posted by el malo View Post
      Still a major step up for canelo who hasn't fought anyone near cottos level.
      cotto's level has diminished quite a bit at 154

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        gingerboy is big and strong at 154 lbs... Cotto got way more skills than Gingerboy, but I think the size advantage and the youth might be too much... cotto is in the wrong division and he getting up there in ring-age.

if they fight, I"d be pulling for Cotto to beat Gingerboy... but after the trout fight... it looks like a bad fight for Cotto
        His performance against Trout doesn't make me think any different, Canelo is a stationary counter puncher, far more aggressive, in this case both styles feed off the other. Again major props to Trout, but him and Canelo couldn't be farther apart in terms of style.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
          This is like the Mosley fight? Dude, Trout may have did his thing but the fight was competitive throughout, stylistically this is an entirely different fight. I've been accused of overrating Canelo before, but it seems you and a couple of other people are doing that. This is still the strongest opponent he'll have ever faced and no one comes close.
          actually I think gingerboy might have more trouble against angulo or lara and gingerboy would get his ass kicked by martinez

Comment

His performance against Trout doesn't make me think any different, Canelo is a stationary counter puncher, far more aggressive, in this case both styles feed off the other. Again major props to Trout, but him and Canelo couldn't be farther apart in terms of style.
            Man I know its a different style... but cotto has a bad track record against aggressive big strong mexicans... he might have avenged his loss to marg, but that was a busted up marg... if I'm cotto's team, I'd never put him in with a huge mexican like that again

Comment

How is Miguel no longer legit, it's still a major major step up in opposition for Canelo.
              Cotto lost convincingly to Austin Trout... he is no longer elite in that division. Austin Trout is a great fighter, he makes good fighters look ordinary, but Cotto lost convincingly and if you are considered elite you can't get blown out like that. Did you see their faces? Cotto was bruised up, Trout had no marks or anything.

Cotto simply can't compete with the great fighters at 154. If he were to fight Canelo, Canelo would knock him out. Probably within 8 rounds. He wouldn't hurt Canelo and he would eat all of his punches.

Canelo should be fighting Trout or winner of Lara/Vanes. Those 3 are legit.

Right now Cotto has become a resume builder.

Comment

This is like the Mosley fight? Dude, Trout may have did his thing but the fight was competitive throughout, stylistically this is an entirely different fight. I've been accused of overrating Canelo before, but it seems you and a couple of other people are doing that. This is still the strongest opponent he'll have ever faced and no one comes close.
                trout/cotto was competitive in some/most rounds, but overall it was a clear trout victory. cotto/alvarez is stylistically different, but not to the point where i disregard how old cotto's looked in his last fights to where i'd give him a serious chance at beating alvarez. it's not me overrating alvarez, it's me acknowledging alvarez is a younger, fresher, and bigger fighter than cotto.
                cotto might be a tougher opponent than mosley was, but it's still the same concept. alvarez faces an older name and beats him. what does it prove? that he can challenge mayweather? that he can beat guys like trout, lara, molina, or martirosyan? imo it doesn't prove much, man.

Comment

We're talking about Canelo here, the hell has he done at '54, who has he faced?
                  Uh, um....thats what they said about Trout and look what happened....and Canelo's competition was much better than Trout's and we saw what Trout did to Cotto.

Comment

People need to stop using the "Who has he faced" old song and dance because Trout isn't the only one who had nothing on his resume to compare to Cotto's. But resumes don't fight, fighters do. Same when people were saying who had Mosley fought when he was about to fight Oscar and we know what happened there. History is littered with guys who beat guys with much better resumes.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      Uh, um....thats what they said about Trout and look what happened....and Canelo's competition was much better than Trout's and we saw what Trout did to Cotto.
                      lol, now you're just insulting Trout. Devlin was more proven than all the competition he's faced since he won his belt... a bunch of welterweights and has-beens.
                      Only legit opponent he fought was Ryan Rhodes

Comment

Working...
                      X