Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
      ROFL at even putting Oscar on that list, People are intentionally "forgetting" that it was OSCAR WHO CHERRY PICKED MANNY.

Sport pundits and fans kept saying "Manny is gonna get KOed, Oscar is too big BLAH BLAH BLAH".

BTW Roy had no business fighting Calazaghe, he was wayyy past it.
      Off topic but this is what annoys me off the most when Pac gets accused of draining DLH. DLH was the cash cow at the time and it was DLH who picked MP, who was a massive underdog not to mention coming up from 135.

Anyway RJJ was shot to ****.

Comment

It's pretty tough between Roy & Tyson if we're talking about who was more shot.

Roy was never the same after beating Ruiz and his first fight with Tarver. Dude just never looked the same and was never the same.

Tyson was shot to pieces mentally more than anything but he was like that for a while before he fought Lewis but because he had that natural raw power he still had a shot for a round or two. That said, I've always thought Lewis (a focussed one) would box circles around Tyson and beat him at any time.

Oscar was down to his own stupidity. He wanted Pac at that weight. He weight drained himself to the point they rehydrated on the day and he still looked like a zombie. Oscar probably wasn't shot at that point but he was close to it.

Comment

It's a close call.

Tyson was not only past his prime (his prime was before going to jail), he was totally shot in my opinion.
          After the Lewis' bout he only fought 3 more times, with one victory and 2 defeats against fighters of low caliber (Williams and Mc Bride).

Think I'll go for Tyson

PS: I disagree with the idea that Lewis would have easily out-boxed a prime Tyson, young Tyson was a completely different animal than the slow, old brawler we saw in 2002. It is a very close call, in my opinion, out of 3 fights, a young Mike would have won one or two.
          Last edited by B-Bomber; 11-22-2012, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Sad to see an ATG like RJJ gettin' beat up by Calslappy.......but Roy looked amazing in that first round though

Comment

Hmmm, I nearly voted Roy, but for that one fight, Oscar was one of the worst cases of ****e I've ever seen. Jones was bad but he was bad all the time by then, whereas Oscar, while clearly shot, still seemed to have something left, but then he came in to that fight with weird spindly arms and looking hunched over like an old man, with the IV etc and it was just embarrassing for boxing, Pac and Oscar too.

I had to go with Oscar. Jones had enough left to do something and he tried hard throughout and didn't stop coming and still had some gas left after 12. Oscar had given up after two rounds and was looking like a zombie from the first bell.

Tyson was also shot, but not as bad as Oscar for that fight.

Edit: I should clarify that Tyson and Jones were more shot than Oscar, but because of the weight for that one fight, Oscar definitely had much less than both those guys had in their fights at those stages. Oscar couldn't have beaten the worst title holder at 147, whereas Jones and Tyson at least had a shot to win by KO. Oscar didn't even have that left sadly. Stupid prick.
              Last edited by BennyST; 11-22-2012, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                ROFL at even putting Oscar on that list, People are intentionally "forgetting" that it was OSCAR WHO CHERRY PICKED MANNY.

Sport pundits and fans kept saying "Manny is gonna get KOed, Oscar is too big BLAH BLAH BLAH".

BTW Roy had no business fighting Calazaghe, he was wayyy past it.
                Yeah, but that doesn't actually have any relevance to how shot and drained he was. He was the star and could have chosen to fight a ****ing featherweight and it would have made no difference. It's Oscar. It doesn't change that he was shot and weight drained like no other. Oscar was so drained he could not even put any weight back on at all. Even Rios was able to rehydrate up to amazing weights at 135, but Oscar's body had shat itself so badly that it refused to even take on any water. That is scary.

Comment

roy by far. oscar didnt have much more in him but that was more due to the weight than being shot. matter of fact he wasnt shot at all, past his prime for sure but not shot. tyson was shot and roy was a corpse.

Comment

For those saying Oscar wasn't weight drained, you're an idiot. Don't bother posting about it anymore. But weight drained is not the same thing as shot necessarily so Oscar is not a good candidate on that list

Roy was the most shot.

Comment

They were all shot but I have to say Tyson was the most shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X